• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk version differs from database, upgrade failed, corrupted license key

M

M:ke

Plesk version differs from database, upgrade failed, wrong license key

Hi.

I tried to upgrade from Plesk 9.3.0 to 9.5.2 and got the following error message:

Subject: Failed to update the Panel.

===> Installing psa database
Trying to start service mysql... done
Trying to define valid mysql credentials... Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to start service mysql... done Trying to establish test connection... connected done Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database... version is 0921 DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is 9.3.0, but previous database version is 0921. In most of cases it is result of previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

ERROR while trying to check database version Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_9.5.2_suse10.1.build95100504.14_upgrade.100825.14.55.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-9.5.2-suse10.1.build95100504.14.i586) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 Trying to install PAM module... done
Error: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Plesk gone offline. After restarting plesk. It was still version 9.3.0, but without a valid license key.
I get the message:
Fehler: Der Lizenzkey ist ungültig. Um das Parallels Plesk Panel verwenden zu können, erwerben und installieren Sie bitte einen neuen funktionsfähigen Lizenzkey.
Sie sind dabei, den Lizenzkey einer anderen Version von Parallels Plesk Panel zu verwenden. Wenden Sie sich an Ihren Parallels-Vertriebsbeauftragten, um den richtigen Lizenzkey zu erhalten.

Translation:
Error: Invalid license key. If you want to use Parallels Plesk Panel, buy and install a new working license key. You are trying to use a license key from a different Version of Parallels Plesk Panel. Contact your Parallels marketing consultant to get a new key.
All restrictions were limited to 1!

When I choose the "Get keys" button, I receive the message.
License key PLSK.00609123.xxxx is up-to-date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have news:

I changed the version information in /usr/local/psa/version manuall to (from another plesk installation)
9.5.2 SuSE 10.2 95100504.14

I restarted plesk, upgraded the license key and voila, Plesk 9.5.2 is up again.

Back