• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk VPS hosting:How to config a domain on another registrar.

S

synaptium

Hello Guys,

I am new to plesk.
I bought a vps linux hosting that uses plesk.
I have a domain name with another host,just domain name only not hosting.
I want to host it with my vps on this new server.
I have created the domain name.
Now i need to enter nameservers on the old domain registrar.
eg ns1.server.com
ns2.server.com

how do i know the nameserver of my vps so i can enter it in my old host to config

Can someone walk me through?

Hi,

you have two options, run your own DNS server or ask your VPS provider to add the DNS records to their name servers.

If you ask your provider to host the DNS records for you, then all you have to do is update the domain with your provider's nameservers.

If you decide to run your own DNS server, it's a bit more complicated. I guess you already have setup your domain name in Plesk (I mean the domain of your own "hosting company"). If so, you must add two new A records and two new NS records for that domain, that will point to two different IP addresses (from the pool of addresses your VPS provider gave you). For example: ns1.myhostingcompany.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx1 and ns2.myhostingcompany.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx2. Then you will have to enter these addresses as the name servers for the domain registered at another registrar (both in plesk and at the registrar).

Back