• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk was launched on Amazon Lightsail!

The system says I have entered the wrong user name or password after I have visited the page.

A one time link valid only one time. If you used it once, it not valid anymore and you need to create a new one. When you login into Plesk, you need set a password for Admin. After that, you can use login "admin" and the password for access to Plesk.

Note: when you copy the link, be sure that link copied without mistakes. Link starts with "https://" and ends with "%3D" :)

When using the Web Admin SE version of Plesk on Lightsail is it possible to access the Web Statistics feature? If so what credentials is it looking for as the Plesk admin login doesn't seem to work for it?

Try this;

Create new user or change password for the current one under Plesk > Domains > example.com > Password protected directories > /plesk-stat

Plesk on Lightsail was updated to Plesk Onyx 17.8.

Changes said:
Changes:

[+] Added instructions how to configure access to Plesk in the Lightsail firewall to /etc/motd, message of the day. Users see the instructions when they log in to the Plesk server via SSH.

[+] Introduced the maintenance screen feature. The Plesk administrator sees the maintenance screen after logging in to a Plesk instance that is being deployed. Once the deployment is finished the maintenance screen is removed and Plesk is ready for use.

[+] After deployment, the server name matches the publicly available hostname. This allows to access the webserver using the domain name.

[*] Rebuilt images using the latest Plesk Onyx 17.8 distribution and the Ubuntu kernel tuned by Canonical and Amazon Web Services for improved performance.

[*] Updated the Web Server’s Default Page: added instructions how to configure access to Plesk in the Lightsail firewall.

[-] Fixed the issue where customers could not create files and directories in the home directory /home/ubuntu. (PPP-34221 )

I have bought a domain on Plesk DNN and installed a WordPress site, but when I enter the site showing as pic 2.

I'm not sure if this cause this issue:
Warning: The domain shen.global does not resolve or resolves to another IP address (209.200.154.51). Please correct DNS settings.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 1.png
    1.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 8
Hi shen,

I see the same question on Facebook, let me copy the answer from FB to this thread because it correct

Baptiste Cottey said:
2 ways :
- Indicate NS servers http://pleskdomains.com/domain-control-panel/faq.aspx...
- Create A record for each domains/subdomains http://pleskdomains.com/domain-control-panel/faq.aspx...

But I think you should contact them if you have any problem. [...] http://pleskdomains.com/about-us.aspx
1f642.png
:)

I see that Plesk SE allows for three domains. Is it possible to add a new (second or third) ip address to Plesk on Lightsail so the domains can be secured?
I have tried - but can't see how to.

Hi wmgilligan27,

As I know, you can't assign two or more IP-addresses to an instance in Lightsail.
Could you explain why it is required? You can create three different domains on one IP-address and secure each of them (as an example, with Let's Encrypt extension). This scenario doesn't require three different IP-addresses.

Note: be sure that your IP-address is configured as "Shared": What is the difference between Shared and Dedicated IP addresses in Plesk?

Hi,
I am new to Plesk and I am facing issues in hosting website on plesk. I have installed plesk on AWS Lightsail with domain (A) and want to host domain (B) through plesk panel. I already changed DNS as NS1.domainA.com, NS2.domainA.com. But my secondary domain was not pointed. I don't know whether I have to create different hosted zones for each domain in AWS panel or I can directly add domain though my plesk web admin edition. Please help me how to solve this situation.

Plesk on Lightsail was updated to Plesk Onyx 17.8.

Thank you Plesk team & AYamshanov for such a brilliant job with the Lightsail snapshot!
I'm running V.17.8.11 Update #33 and I find it very fast and stable on a 1core/1gb running my 2 new websites (no traffic for now).
However I encountered a few roadblocks and I'd be most grateful if someone could please help me with some answers to the following points:

1) How cand I enable plesk file rw permissions to the ssh ubuntu user from Lightsail?
-> I'd prefer to not open more ports for FTP, and I would like to use SFTP in Filezilla with my AWS keypair.

2) Since I'm using this snapshot just for web hosting, how can I safely disable all the mail services for both domains?
-> I stopped Dovecot service but I'd like to remove it along with all the other mail services.

3) I'm not using Docker. How do I safely purge it along with other recommendations you may have?
-> I'd like to optimize the snapshop for webhosting my two websites, and remove all the unnecessary services and load from the server without impacting Nginx and Plesk webhosting functionality.

4) The server memory usage averages at 50% and the swap usage at 30%. I decreased the swapiness from 60 to 10 but I don't know what other optimizations to perform: (Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting)
2irn2oj.jpg

5) The following Nginx directives work well for my Prestashop 1.7 website, but don't add expires headers to my wordpress 5.0 website:
-> Appache settings all on default;
-> Enabled nginx settings: Proxy mode and Smart static files processing;
-> I tried a large variation of code snippets to add expired headers in nginx but the best I got in the pingdom test is F34 with the code below:

PHP:
# Media: images, video, audio, HTC, WebFonts
location ~* \.(?:jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|gz|svg|svgz|ttf|otf|woff|eot|mp4|ogg|ogv|webm)$ {
    expires 1M;
    access_log off;
    add_header Pragma public;
    add_header Cache-Control "public";
    try_files $uri @fallback;
}

location ~* \.(js|css)$ {
    expires 60d;
    add_header Pragma public;
    try_files $uri @fallback;
}

# CSS and Javascript
#location ~* \.(?:css|js)$ {
    #  expires 1y;
    #  access_log off;
    #  add_header Cache-Control "public";
    #try_files $uri @fallback;
    #}

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Ovi

Ovi,
Thank you very much for your feedback! I have shared a link to the post with Plesk Team.

1) ssh 'ubuntu' user is a regular user in a system. There is no good way to allow RW-permissions for this user for each file in the system by SFTP. If you want, you can allow access to root user but it not good way too because of security (https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=86876). Or you can use SSH with `sudo` (without SFTP and Filezilla)

2) Do you plan to use a mail service to deliver mail from websites to external email mailboxes? If 'yes', you can disable 'Mail / Mail Server Settings / Enable mail management functions in Plesk' option. If 'no', you can remove mail components (Tools & Settings / Updates and Upgrades).

3) Did you see Resolved - Removing docker ?

4) Did you see Why does Plesk require SWAP memory? ?

5) I am not sure but maybe Cache expiration header in additional Nginx directives does not get applied ?

Reactions: Ovi
Ovi,
Thank you very much for your feedback! I have shared a link to the post with Plesk Team.

My plesure, I'm glad you found my feedback useful. Now re:
1) Thanks for your suggestion but I prefer to not log in as root, even over ssh and with a keypair.
Indeed ssh with sudo is a much better option and it works well for me (I din't think about this, thanks!)
-> The reason why I want to add rw permission to ubuntu user is because I can't browse /var/www/vhosts/mywebsites.tld/httpdocs The folders for my 2 websites are owned by psaserv user and it won't allow any file browsing to ubuntu user. So I queried psaserv groups:
$ grep psaserv /etc/group
psaserv:x: 1003: psaadm,psaftp,www-data,nginx
And then I added ubuntu to all 4 of them: sudo usermod -a -G psaadm ubuntu [x4]
However, after this process, I still can't browse the website files with ubuntu user over SSH in Filezilla. I can browse all the other files and folders, just not the ones owned by psaserv.

2) I plan to use another instance as a mail server. Or maybe I'll just continue to pay my old shared host for mail service.. Either way, the answer is no, not on this instance.

3 & 4) Super, thanks, all good now.

5) Thanks, but it still doesn't work on WP: http://tinyimg.io/i/7g4RSQC.png

And I tried PHP 7, 7.1 and 7.2 with all 3 options. The fastest is PHP 7.1 with FPM by Apache.

Best wishes,
Ovi

@Ovi,

You said the following

$ grep psaserv /etc/group
psaserv:x: 1003: psaadm,psaftp,www-data,nginx
And then I added ubuntu to all 4 of them: sudo usermod -a -G psaadm ubuntu [x4]
However, after this process, I still can't browse the website files with ubuntu user over SSH in Filezilla. I can browse all the other files and folders, just not the ones owned by psaserv.

and I must say that it is highly recommended to revert those changes immediately - your "ubuntu" user should not be added to Plesk related groups.

In response to

5) Thanks, but it still doesn't work on WP:

I think that you are pretty safe by disabling "Serve static files directly by Nginx" - I am assuming here that you have this activated: this could explain why your custom directives with respect to headers are overruled by default Nginx config, as shipped with Plesk.

Furthermore, your Nginx directives with respect to static files can be as simple as:

location ~* \.(css|js)$ {
expires 1M;
access_log off;
}

and this is just an example.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards..........

PS

Reactions: Ovi
@Ovi,
and I must say that it is highly recommended to revert those changes immediately - your "ubuntu" user should not be added to Plesk related groups..

Thank you for your advice @trialotto, much appreciated!
Since it didn't make any difference in Filezilla, I have removed the user ubuntu from the first 3 groups: psaadm,psaftp,www-data. But I can't remember if it was part of nginx group by default or not :confused:

"Serve static files directly by nginx" is unchecked but I still don't get over "F34" in pingdom.
If I use your code, I get "F0" in pingdom...therefore something is definitely not working for Wordpress, but I can't figure out what it is. The same code and same settings work perfectly well for my 2nd website which uses Prestashop.

Anyway I'll give up on it, since your snapshot and my tweaks give me under 800ms load time in pingdom, under 3s full load in GTmetrix and a green 5s in Google 3G testmysite...I'm happy with this for now.
Awesome work Plesk team! ;)

Hello,

I have the following problem

I set up a new domain, but afterwards entered Lightsail's IP into my HOST file because it should be tested

But when I call the domain, it always comes with Plesk login
not my index.html of the domain

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Back