• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk was launched on Amazon Lightsail!

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Dear Pleskians!

Last night Plesk was published on Amazon Lightsail! Lightsail focused on simplifying web infrastructure and simple pricing model.

Key things and positives for our customers:
  • Launch Plesk is very easy;
  • A customer pays only for resources;
  • Plesk in Lightsail based on WebAdmin edition. License limits up to 3 domains;
  • In Plesk shows promo-banner, the banner displays ability to upgrade to WebPro and WebHost;
  • Official support is available only first month. Later only community support in the our forum and articles in the Knowledge Base.
Lightsail.png

Amazon Lightsail: Simple Virtual Private Servers on AWS
Plesk Onyx is available on the following Cloud Platforms

Documentation: Installing Plesk on Amazon Lightsail

To access Plesk for the first time:

1. Open the following ports in the Amazon Lightsail Firewall: TCP 8443, TCP 8447, UDP 53, TCP 53. For more information, refer to this topic.
  2. Access the instance command line using the Lightsail browser-based SSH client or a third-party SSH client (for example, PuTTY)
  3. Run the command:
Code:
sudo plesk login | grep -v internal:8

A one-time login link will be generated. Use it to access Plesk as an administrator.

Hi Yamshanov,

I have configured plesk successfully as per above instruction but not once i upload MX record for google email its not reflecting and even Static IP address is not getting resolved to domain. however domain is live now and working fine which is hosted in light sail.

Hi rajan,

Could you provide more detail? Did you allow 53/udp port? How are you check MX record?

I have deployed temporary test server and checked default MX record, it works:
Code:
# dig @54.157.12.21 ip-172-26-8-125.ec2.internal MX +short
10 mail.ip-172-26-8-125.ec2.internal.

Note:
  • 54.157.12.21 - it is public IP of Lightsail instance with Plesk.
  • ip-172-26-8-125.ec2.internal - a default subscription with test non-public domain based on internal private IP-address.

Hi rajan,

Could you provide more detail? Did you allow 53/udp port? How are you check MX record?

I have deployed temporary test server and checked default MX record, it works:
Code:
# dig @54.157.12.21 ip-172-26-8-125.ec2.internal MX +short
10 mail.ip-172-26-8-125.ec2.internal.

Note:
  • 54.157.12.21 - it is public IP of Lightsail instance with Plesk.
  • ip-172-26-8-125.ec2.internal - a default subscription with test non-public domain based on internal private IP-address.

Thank you,
Hosted now and working fine.
the problem was lightsail was automatically .domain name when we use to direct to either A record or MX record.
once we removed this dot before domain name it started working.

But when we tried accessing admin panel what is integrated in website to do editing.
we are not able to access. so just wondering whether its a hosting issue, do i need to enable any thing for that.
because when when put same code in different server it was working fine and even email is not getting triggered to cofiguired email id.

so any support would be much helpful
domain - www.casperindia.com

Documentation: Installing Plesk on Amazon Lightsail

To access Plesk for the first time:

1. Open the following ports in the Amazon Lightsail Firewall: TCP 8443, TCP 8447, UDP 53, TCP 53. For more information, refer to this topic.
  2. Access the instance command line using the Lightsail browser-based SSH client or a third-party SSH client (for example, PuTTY)
  3. Run the command:
Code:
sudo plesk login | grep -v internal:8

A one-time login link will be generated. Use it to access Plesk as an administrator.

Hello Could you provide mode detail about it? I'm new on Plesk and i've already read the documentation and some posts here but i'm not getting logged in to Plesk. I'm using Amazon lightsail.

Thank you

You should be able to connect to the CLI and use the following to get a one time link to login;

# plesk login

What are the email limits? I know it is 3 domains, is there a limit on the number of email accounts as well?
Seems I saw something about this, but can't locate it now.

Plesk servers based on the "Plesk Hosting Stack on Ubuntu" Amazon Lightsail image come with the Plesk Hosting Stack on Ubuntu license pre-installed. The license is provided for free, but comes with a number of limitations compared to paid Plesk Onyx licenses. Plesk Hosting Stack on Ubuntu is suitable for basic hosting management or for trying Plesk out before buying a paid Plesk license.
[...]

If you want to get all Plesk features without the restrictions described above, upgrade your Plesk license to Web Pro or Web Host Edition.

(c) Installing Plesk on Amazon Lightsail

I have Plesk installed with Lightsail but the system doesn't provide me the password to login to Plesk. I followed the documentation for Installing Plesk on Amazon Lightsail and ran the command, "sudo plesk login | grep -v internal:8", to generate a one time link to login to the Plesk, but the link generated requests SSL access.

Can anyone help me if they
have other ways to login to Plesk without using the SSL; I will install my own SSL after I have logged in to Plesk. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Billion,

Why you don't want to ignore first SSL warning once and login into Plesk? After login, you can configure your certificate. In my opinion, it is a better than using just plain HTTP.

But if you want to access to Plesk throw HTTP (not HTTPS), you can open 8880/tcp port in Lightsail Firewall and replace in one-time generated link protocol from "https" to "http" and port from "8443" to "8880".

Examples for Firefox and Internet Explorer how to ignore the warning:
SSL_Firefox.png SSL_IE.png

Hi AYamshanov,

Thanks for the reply. The "one time link" generates a secure URl with port 8443 only (https://my public ip address/login?secret=some secret code), and the system says I have entered the wrong user name or password after I have visited the page.

I can reach the Plesk using TCP port on 8880 but it needs the password to login.

Back