• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question "Plesk was successfully updated." Every day.

Matthl

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

every day plesk presents me with the message:
"Plesk was successfully updated. View detailed information on the updates."
But Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #15 was installed on 24th or 25th of july. And nothing new in changelog.
I think i get the message roughly since update #14. Does something get updated in the background, i don't know? Some micro updates?

I'm running on debian 8.9 actually.

Kind regards,
Matthl

Hi UFHH01,

ok followed the steps there. After logging into plesk i received the message again, but i guess that might be ok as a result of the commands entered.

System Overview now says:
  • Product: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #15 , last updated at July 27, 2017 09:06 PM
  • Checked at July 27, 2017 06:15 AM.

Will check tomorrow, if the message returns or not and report here.

Thank you so far!

Matthl

Good morning,

after todays daily cron run, the message showed up for the first login today. Subsequent logins don't trigger the message. So unfortunately the suggestions didn't help. Same behaviour like before.

The times in the system overview panel didn't change. Still the times from the post above.

Might there be a connection to the following workaround i followed recently?
fsmng utility fails to check permission on /var/lib/psa/dumps: ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed with exit code [1]

Matthl

Hi Matthl,

could you pls. name your current used browser and could you tell us as well, if you tried another browser as well to test, if the root cause is not on your site?

Hi UFHH01,

i'm currently using Chrome - Version 60.0.3112.78 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) - running on macOS 10.12.6. Message also displayed with prev. Version of Chrome.
I haven't tried another browser yet, but might try with Safari, Firefox or any other Browser tomorrow.

Another info:
For testing i ran the complete daily maintenance script with:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php
and the message reappeared for the subsequent login.

Edit:
Ran the script from above and logged in with safari. The message appeared for Safari as well for the first login. Logged in with Chrome an no message. I guess the fault is in plesk an not the browser.

Thanks,
Matthl

Last edited:
Plesk Onyx 17.8 debian 8.8 -8.9 - I see regularly such a message
I was sure that this is normal and pass some kind of micro updates :)

I see it every day as well, and only on the first login of the day. The date in the updated box doesn't change (unless there's been an update) but the green banner shows every day whether there has been an update or not. Doesn't bother us -- it's just there every morning.

Ok. Seems like nothing serious since some people with different plesk versions get this message, ignore it and are still fine.

Wrote via private message with user who still get's it after half a year, but has not had any problems because of it.
Issue - Plesk was successfully updated.

Hopefully it will not get a problem one day when upgrading plesk or whatever. Who knows.

Thank you all.

Back