• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Web Presence Builder - EOL cancelled?

ioxa

New Pleskian
I just bumped into rather new kb article as follows:

Presence Builder product support

Question
  • Will Presence Builder be supported and developed further (new features)?

• Is there end-of-life (EOL) date for Presence Builder?
Answer
Presence Builder continues to be supported and maintained, but is no longer developed. No new features will be added.

There is no EOL for this product so far.

In future, Presence Builder will be replaced with Web Business Builder"

----

This is in contrary of previous EOL information. Is this the official policy of Plesk (so has something changed)?

I really would like to Plesk to continue developing Web Presence Builder as it has a lot of benefits compared to any other solution:

- Very tight integration with Plesk and its service plans (allowing enabling/disabling WPB per service plan directly from service plan/service plan add-on settings), which allows selling this product easily per service-plan or add-on. This is something that none of the other similar products offer (or implementation is not so nicely integrated in Plesk).

- Simple user interface and easy to produce web sites by virtually without any experience for newbie users. No matter what you think about Web Presence Builder, you have to give a credit for its simplicity. Its also very intuitive as editing is very WYSIWYG with very small menu footprint.

- Software runs on same server than Plesk, as well as customer data is saved on same server (on the contrary of 3rd party products where customer data goes usually in 3rd party cloud). This can be very important detail indeed for some customers!

Of course there are some setbacks as well in Web Presence Builder:

- The user interface and sites it produces looks outdated. There is no actual support for responsive design (although mobile version of the site helps in this, but only little). Web Presence Builder should be redesigned to utilize some responsive elements or framework like Bootstrap

- Drag & drop of elements are not working very well as many times dragging element into certain location requires finding a location between elements per single pixel. This is not very convenient.

- Some of the features are no longer working (for example Google Map element doesn't seem to work any longer at all - using Google maps requires placing Google code directly to page using code element). Any fix for this planned?

But still I have been looking replacement for Web Presence Builder for quite a long time. There seems to be none that is really good and allows upgrade path for current users.

I guess Plesk dev team has noticed the same thing which why it seems that Web Presence Builder is not yet shut down (original EOL reached?). At least it seems that there are some very minor bug fixes done even in the lates Plesk updates:

Change Log for Plesk

2 April 2018
Fixed Captcha in the “Contact Form” module in Web Presence Builder 17.0.16. See the details in the KB article. (PPB-4554)

I am very happy to see that Plesk hasn't yet dropped the support for Web Presence Builder completely. I would be even happier to see if Plesk could continue developing this (I just cannot understand why this was originally dropped). I am very sad that Plesk developers did not see the competitive edge this tightly integrated editor would give to Plesk control panel (comparing to other panels that doesn't have such). Even though developing WBP would not generate a much of a revenue to Plesk, it gives other benefits and added value to Plesk itself.

Can I get any official confirmation from Plesk has there happened any changes for Web Presence Builder original EOL? Do you have any plans to continue supporting this platform (which is imho the best feature of Plesk and should be continued to support in the future as well). I guess the integration path to Yola Business Builder has not yet proceeded as originally anticipated?

If you agree with me, please show your support by commenting this ticket. Let's show Plesk that they should not forget Plesk admins that are using Sitebuilder/Web Presence Builder! I hope there could be even a small change that this editor would not see EOL but furher development!

Totally agree with all that you have said. There is no better system out there after over a year of hunting. We chose not to go to Website Business builder due to how poor it is compared to WPB. In addition the costs and hoops you need to jump through to get it are excessive. Very disappointed that one of the best web systems out there is going !

Back