• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Web Server is down

W

webfeatus

ERRORS>>>
The Plesk Web Server service on host is down.
The problem was discovered on Aug 5, 2011 04:45 PM.

The Plesk Web Server service on host has been started on Aug 5, 2011 04:57 PM.

The Plesk Web Server service on host is down.
The problem was discovered on Aug 5, 2011 05:02 PM.

The Plesk Web Server service on host has been released from monitoring on Aug 5, 2011 05:33 PM.
<<<ERRORS

So I look into the issue and cannot find a reason for this continual "down" situation.
I then restart monitoring until the same merry-go-round eventuates.

I understand that watchdog is only a script that is designed to get a response from a specific port. There is a possibility where 'delay' respond in certain condition on that port may consider as a 'downtime' by watchdog.

The issue seems to be just that.
The log shows that that watchdog not able to get a response from httpd (localhost:8443) port at that time.

There is no excessive load on the server.
There is no excessive RAM usage.

Why is this happening and what can I do about it?

Do you happen to schedule a Plesk Backup - I receive these notifications every time I run a Plesk Backup as 8443 becomes unavailable for a short time.

Might be worth looking if you can get Watchdog to output "ps -faux" into the email so you can see what processes are running when the server goes down. (This would be a useful addition to Watchdog anyway!)

Back