• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk went offline after server restart

TheLuckyGuy

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk Forum,

after changing my php.ini I resetet plesk in my vps control panel. After that nothing worked.

I restarted the server 3 times. didn't work
I tryed restarting plesk

When I ask the server after the status of plesk or sshd. Both are up and running...

Plesk offline
sshd timeout
All websites offline

The Server is online in the intranet I think but not available from outsite. I tryed deactivating fail2ban. But after the command fail2ban says it is unable to contact the server?

I got the /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log file for you guys. Maybe someone can help me. I don't know what I should do now.

HfJmjQV.jpg

Records in error_log are rather minor and not related to you problem with access to Plesk panel.
Could you try to run the following command from console of your server? Please provide the output of the command:
curl -I http://localhost:8880

So it means that Plesk control panel is up and running. You can check local firewall rules (using "iptables -L"), but the problem can be on some other server or router that controls the accessibility of your server from the internet. Try to ask your network admins for assistance.

I asked my server support to help me but they say their is no software support.

It looks like for me that the config is the same as it was before.

The Support stuff just say that they don't support sotware I have to do it myself.

8RvxhqB.jpg

Hello again. My Sysadmin helped me out.

I blocked all ports on my server except port 22. Any idea how to unblock all other ports?

As you can see it's not related to Plesk. If you are not familiar how to configure the firewall via CLI you can remove all rules (e.g. by using "iptables --flush") and configure it using Plesk Firewall module via UI.

As you can see it's not related to Plesk. If you are not familiar how to configure the firewall via CLI you can remove all rules (e.g. by using "iptables --flush") and configure it using Plesk Firewall module via UI.

I do have a problem with the firewall module. After activating the firewall I'am unable to logon my ssh server. Disabling it I can use the ssh service again. I think the whole error comes from the this plugin.

I tryed whitelisting my ip but this didn't work.

The only thing I have done to the server ssh I changed my port since their are so many brute force logins. Do I have to somehow manually add the port into the plugin?

Back