• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Windows DDNS Support

C

carlosmp

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with using some sort of a DDNS server? Most of the ones that I've seen seem to replace bind like PowerDNS...I know that someone a while back on a Linux form mentioned that Plesk used a MySQL db rather than individual zone files...I think that the recent versions, at least Windows, uses individual files.

All DNS use individual files. Ishould say that that files have the same format. I.e. we can copy files from unix rename them and use in MSDNS. Of course Bind on Windows has the same file structure as on Unix.
Also Plesk supports only Bind or MSDNS.

Gris - Thanks for the response. I had seen a post on the linux forum, but I guess it was for an older version of Plesk that used MySQL for DNS. I was curious to know if anyone has been able to modify the bind files to allow DDNS updates...

carlosmp

1. Plesk for Windows also uses Mysql as storage for DNS records, but it is used only for internal use (like switch between DNS servers MS DNS and BIND). But name resolution of corse occurs on that servers either BIND or MS DNS.
2. BIND versions greater then 8.2.2 supports DDNS
3. Theoretically you can use DDNS (I mean ddns.com) but you have to configure your NAT or Router to forward ports used by Plesk to internal server.

John S.G.

Back