• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk windows DNS server

yatint

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have configured DNS zone on my server. After adding domain into plesk I can not see any entries in DNS zone. Whether on another serve when I added domain in plesk, I can see all DNS entries of that domain on my DNS server. both server having same os and plesk
windows server 2008 r2 64
plesk 10.3

Please suggest me what to do to resolve this issue.
also what is this Bind DNS ? I saw that while upgrading plesk version.

Thanks
Yatin

Plesk supports Microsoft DNS server, and ISC BIND DNS server.
If you have installed DNS Server role before Plesk installation, it will be found by Plesk and MSDNS server will be used.
If you don't have installed DNS Server role, then Plesk will use ISC BIND server (shipped with Plesk)

You can go to Server settings->Components management screen and check which DNS server used, and switch between them if necessary.

I saw that I am using bind. How do I export zonefiles to a primary name server form Plesk 10 Windows 2008 R2 server?

Is there a script that I should configure to export the zone files?

Hello

Hello

There is no need to find script. Just go to Plesk control panel >> Tools and Settings >> Server Components >> and change DNS server from Bind to Microsoft DNS. If Microsoft DNS server is disabled , you need to install DNS server from server role and features manager.

Thanks
Yatin

Windows DNS

I want to use 3 external nameservers and need to export the zonefiles from the Windows server running Plesk 10.4. My questions are:
1) How do I achieve the exporting of Zone files?
2) Where does Plesk keep its zonefiles on a Windows server?

Hi yatint,

How will that help me? I need to be able to export the zone files to external name servers servers. Are you saying if I use Microsft DNS this process can occur automatically?

Back