1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PLESK\Windows DNS Template Modification

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by circlec, Sep 1, 2008.

1. circlec

circlec Guest

When I create a domain in PLESK, it's using the PLESK template as per setup in the Server >> DNS Settings. However, when going into Windows and checking up under "dnsmgnt" - there is always a 3rd NS entry with the actual server name in it, in this case:

(same as parent folder) Name Server (NS) network-2xxxax1.
    ..the rest of the listings are fine and as per the PLESK template

PLESK does not show this entry in the DNS entries or in the template.

I need to prevent this 3rd nameserver from been added as it is preventing domains from been registered. Certain TLDs will not allow registration if the nameservers do not match exactly what is specified in the zone file hence we have to prevent this from happening.

How on earth can I prevent this random 3rd NS from been added automatically? :)

Thank you!

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    The issue is fixed since 8.6.0.1. It is fixed only for new created domains.