• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Windows Server 2012 Adding New Domain Problem

walid

New Pleskian
Hello, sorry for this question, but I'm new in plesk, here is my problem:
- I bought a Dedicated Server: Windows Server 2012 64bit with Plesk.
- My main domain in plesk is working fine.
but when i manage to "Add domain", it's added successfully, but the domain doesn't work (it's always offline)
so my question is: should I wait for the new domain to be active? If so, how long should I wait? Or is there any other things to do to make my new domain active?
Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "domain offline?" Did you purchase the domain name and have the name server pointing to the correct DNS?

What do you mean by "domain offline?" Did you purchase the domain name and have the name server pointing to the correct DNS?
Hello, i created a new domain from the plesk control panel, but when i try to open the domain it doesnt work. Anyway thanks for replying

OK, but have you purchased the domain name (from godaddy, google domains, name cheap, etc) and updated the name server?

OK, but have you purchased the domain name (from godaddy, google domains, name cheap, etc) and updated the name server?
I purchased the server (including domain name: www.myservdedi.com) from www.1and1.com but i didn't update the name server in the second domain that i created from the plesk control panel(if you can link me how to do it please) i already own a domain (mentionned above) which is working fine while i purchased the server. Thank you!

So this is how i did: I purchased the server with a domain that is working fine (www.myservdedi.com). From the plesk control panel is see the domain (www.myservdedi.com) and i can manage it (emails, file manager,etc.), and i want to add another domain from "add domain" section. I create it and i see it in the control panel. But the problem is that this second domain that i added is not working.

Are you sure that this new domain is registered and resolvable to IP address? What is name of this new domain?

You would need to purchase another domain name (don't need the server, just the domain name) and update the name server to point to your host. If you buy another domain through 1and1 again, it should add the proper name server for you so you don't have to do it yourself. But without actually owning the domain name simply choosing "add domain" won't do anything.

You would need to purchase another domain name (don't need the server, just the domain name) and update the name server to point to your host. If you buy another domain through 1and1 again, it should add the proper name server for you so you don't have to do it yourself. But without actually owning the domain name simply choosing "add domain" won't do anything.
Okay, thank you very much! I'll tell you if i need further help

Are you sure that this new domain is registered and resolvable to IP address? What is name of this new domain?
Hello, I'm not sure that the new domain is registed or IP resolved, I deleted this new domain because it didn't work, anyway thank you for your reply

Back