• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk with Additional Data Disk to MySQL and Applications (Environment Down)

gutohmm

New Pleskian
Hi Guys, Good Afternoon!

I've been trying to configure my Plesk to work with a separated disk to MySQL Databases and Apache Applications (vhosts).

But, every time that I try to do this by myself, I'm facing different errors.

There's some way or documentation that provide us with a CLEAR and STRUCTURED VISION about how to do this?

Example:
  • Disk 1: Plesk Installation
  • Disk 2: MySQL Databases
  • Disk 3: Websites
Thanks,
Gustavo Magella

Before you install Plesk and MySQL, simply mount your MySQL disk to /var/lib/mysql and your websites disk to /var/www/vhosts and then install Plesk + all required components.

Before you install Plesk and MySQL, simply mount your MySQL disk to /var/lib/mysql and your websites disk to /var/www/vhosts and then install Plesk + all required components.
Thanks for your prompt response Monty! But, in my case, I'm using an Azure Image, Pre-Configured.
There's another way?
Cheers!

Well, I don't know the Azure Image, but the general procedure would be the same as for any other server:
  1. Stop all services except SSH on your server
  2. Mount your MySQL disk to a temporary mountpoint, example /mnt
  3. Copy all your data from /var/lib/mysql to /mnt (make sure to preserve all ownership information + attributes)
  4. Rename /var/lib/mysql to /var/lib/mysql.old
  5. Umount /mnt and mount it to /var/lib/mysql
Then do the same for /var/www/vhosts and update your /etc/fstab and restart your services.

Of course you could also change the "MYSQL_*" and "HTTPD_VHOSTS_D" variables in /etc/psa/psa.conf and copy your data to that new location.
There are some threads regarding this:

But I prefer to keep default values whenever possible and just create my disk layout as required.

Back