• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk won't activate site, Domain Expired?

M

Michael Smith

I'm setting up users on my new Plesk control Panel, and for two of the domain names I see a red "X" next to the domain names. When I try to activate them I get this message:

Error: The domain is still suspended for the following reason: Domain is expired

Yet both of these domains aren't due for renewal until around march 2008. They're also on autorenew at my registrar.

What's with this error and how can I activate these sites?

Thanks Much,
Michael SMith

Log into the Plesk Control Panel, click <DOMAINS> then the domain in question then "Limits". Look at the "validify period" You must have an expiration date set there.

That worked!

Thanks, what a no brainer that really was. Sure enough the validity period was set for todays date. After making it "unlimited" it worked like a charm.

Thanks Again,

Michael Smith

Statistics -> Resource Usage

Sorry to revive this thread years later, but I thought this information might be useful to someone.

I've also just fallen foul of this bizarre configuration option; why does "unsuspend" not at least give you instructions on how to resurrect your site? The "domain expired" message also confused me for a while, as I thought (not unreasonably) that the actual domain had expired.

Still, removing the "Limits" value does the trick. However, in my version of Plesk (9.0.1) I found this by clicking Domains, then the domain name, then "Resource Usage" in the "Statistics" panel. Hope that helps.

Thanks

Thanks,

I am using 9.3.0 and was having difficulty locating the Limits Area. Here is where I located it:

Statisitics | Resourse Usage | Expiration Date

Best Regards,

KunosSoftware

Domain Shows me the Server Default page after active the domain in panel

Hi All

I face a problem many times when my domain expired in plesk, it goes into the suspended state. once i set the expiration time period in "Resource Usage" to the specific time or "Never expires" and make it active by clicking on Un-Suspend button. My domain looking well and starts working. but after few minuts it starts running "Server Default page". What is problem in the panle. I am using the Plesk 9.0.0 running at my hosting provider in U.S.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advanced
Amrish Verma
Sr. Programmer
Srishti Technical Solutions

Back