• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk WordPres Toolkit => 5.8.0 doesn't seem to detect modified login URLs properly

LiFTED

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

the Plesk WordPress Toolkit version 5.8.0 introduced the following feature:
+ WordPress Toolkit now detects modified WordPress login URL automatically, eliminating the need to specify it manually.

Changelog: Change Log for Plesk Obsidian

With plugins such as "WP Hide & Security Enhancer" it is possible to change the WordPress login URL and to block access to the default WordPress login entry points (/wp-admin and /wp-login.php).
As far as I can tell the plugin performs these actions via entries in the .htaccess file. Unfortunately the Plesk WordPress Toolkit doesn't seem to detect the modified login URLs properly.
This issue still exists in the current stable versions of Plesk and the Plesk WordPress Toolkit.
Plesk Version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40 Update #1
WordPress Toolkit-Version: 5.9.1-5836

In versions of the WordPress Toolkit < 5.8.0 it was possible to specify a login URL manually. It would be nice bring back this feature.
Unfortunately my forum account doesn't have enough posts to post this thread in the "Reports" Sub-Forum.
It would be nice if a mod could move this thread in the "Reports" Sub-Forum or maybe a forum member with enough posts can recreate the thread there. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards
LiFTED

Hello everyone,

the issue I mentioned in post #1 is still present in the current stable version of the Plesk WordPress Toolkit.

WordPress Toolkit-Version: 5.11.1-6327
Plesk Version: Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.43 Update #1

Unfortunately my forum account doesn't have enough posts to post this thread in the "Reports" Sub-Forum.
It would be nice if a mod could move this thread in the "Reports" Sub-Forum or maybe a forum member with enough posts can recreate the thread there. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards
LiFTED

Hello @LiFTED!

If a plugin overrides URLs by some way that WordPress itself cannot read this overriding, it may result to WPT unable to detect such a changed URLs too.

Simply speaking, if WP's wp_login_url() function returns wrong value, WPT uses this value too.

Perhaps ability to set loginUrl manually will be returned in the future, it depends on some internal research results. Also there is a chance that special workaround for this particular plugin will be added (EXTWPTOOLK-9300).

Last edited:
Back