• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk XML API

Deepak Sharma

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am using Plesk XML API to automate Virtual Directory creation for a subdomain xyz.mydomain.com and request packet structure is as below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<packet>
<virtdir>
<create>
<site-id>27</site-id>
<name>/vd1</name>
<properties/>
</create>
</virtdir>
</packet>

I am getting error which error code is 1015 and error description says "Virtual host does not exist"

xyz.mydomain.com has dedicated IP assigned.

I tried with adding an entry in \etc\hosts file that map the IP address to above host name. No luck.

Any help is much appreciated.

Error message 1015 means - Parent site/subdomain is not found.
Are you sure that site-id=27 is correct?

I am assuming this is ID that we found from this location
IIS >> Advanced Settings of site >> ID property under General section

You can find correct site-id in Plesk database with following SQL query:

mysql> select id from domains where name='xyz.mydomain.com';

Thanks for your help.

There is an option to create a new database in Plesk but that is specific to site under which we are creating and its completely blank. No default structure or table in it.
Doesn't Plesk maintain a common database that used to store information from all domains?

IgorG,

Finally, I got a way to obtain Information about all sites using request packet as below

<packet>
<webspace>
<get>
<filter/>
<dataset>
<hosting/>
</dataset>
</get>
</webspace>
</packet>

This gives me Pesk's Site ID for each Primary domain. For non-primary domain, need to replace <webspace> with <site>

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestion.

Back