• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk360 and Let's Encrypt

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #3
I registered an account in Plesk360.
If I try to register a domain I get the error "Unknown HttpClient error: unable to verify the first certificate."
My domains have the Let'sEncrypt certificate.
It seems to me that this is the problem, or am I wrong?

Hi CobraArbok,

Could you please provide a little bit more details about your steps to repeat the issue, maybe even with screenshots where the error is appear.
Where do you try to register a domain? Unfortunately, I can't figure what it is about to be honest, hope additional details will help.

Could you please provide a little bit more details about your steps to repeat the issue, maybe even with screenshots where the error is appear.
Where do you try to register a domain? Unfortunately, I can't figure what it is about to be honest, hope additional details will help.
I wanted to connect a VPS and the domains:
Una figura ICT per aiutare le PMI - Sommaruga
Domain Default page
Domain Default page
Domain Default page
Domain Default page
All domains have SSL/TLS with Let's Encrypt

I simply did:
  • In Plek / Domain / Dashboard
  • Click on Monitoring (Not Connected)
  • Click on Connect (blue button)
In the new page there is already the Plesk URL reference and the email of my Plesk360 account
There are 3 IP addresses that yesterday after the first error I have already plugged in Fail2Ban / IP Address Banning and in IP Access Restriction Management

• Click on the Confirm button
The error appears (as in the screenshot)

Searching on the net, it seems to me that you need other types of certificates, not the one from Let's Encrypt

Error-Plesk360.png

Perhaps the error refers to the SSL certificate of the server and not of the domain I want to bring to Plesk360.
But even bringing the server to Plesk 360 I get the same error.
The domain of the server (and therefore the server itself) does not use a Let's Rncrypt certificate, but a certificate provided by the ISP, I think from DigiCert.

Yes, it is about server's certificate. There is no requirement to use exactly Let's Encrypt certificate to protect server, any valid certificate should be enough.

These KB articles contain more details,
I have tried to check connectivity and certificate between my laptop and https://your-server:8443 port but received the 'ERR_TIMED_OUT" error. If it somehow is protected by firewall (or cloud's firewall, proxy, NAT, Cloudflare, etc), it required to allow an access from the specific IP-addresses as well.

@AYamshanov
My server already has a valid certificate installed, as you see from the screenshot,
So, I don't know how to fix it (if this is it).

Server-Certificate.png

Attachments

• Server-Certificate.png
    Server-Certificate.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 2
What about connectivity, will external service (I mean Plesk360) be able to establish connection with your Plesk? From my laptop, I am still not able to open a website or control panel login page ("ERR_TIMED_OUT").

What about connectivity, will external service (I mean Plesk360) be able to establish connection with your Plesk? From my laptop, I am still not able to open a website or control panel login page ("ERR_TIMED_OUT").
@CobraArbok
FWIW It IS possible to connect to https://sommaruga.eu:8443/login_up.php BUT that's dependent on what browser / what security setups you're using to make the connection, because the DigiCert Certificate ( *.upgradelabs.eu ) gives browser warning like: certificate name does not match input Hence the browser errors / manual override requirements etc before any connection can be made. You can see the certificate issues pretty clearly, right here: SSL Checker

Back