• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK7.5.4 Frontpage BUG?

T

Traged1

Well since the upgrade to PLESK 7.5.4 RHEL we appear to be having an issue with the Frontpage Extensions and the Application Vault getting mixed up??

Here is what I see only when a domain has an application installed from the Application Vualt.

psa754-fp-bug.jpg

------------------------
FrontPage supportFrontPage support (This resource is used by the installed site application)
FrontPage over SSL support (This resource is used by the installed site application)
FrontPage authoring disabled
enabled
FrontPage Administrator's Login
FrontPage Admin's Password
Confirm Password

----------------------

This is on the domain's setup page where you are supposed to toggle the frontpage extensions on/off. Basically if we have an application installed we cannot change the frontpage settings anymore, the only way to enable or disable the frontpage support is to un-install the Applications in the Application vault?

Can anyone help with this?

I get the same issue. I have mambo and gallery on this site install via the vault. Please if anyone can help it would certainly be appreciated.

any solutions yet?

I updated to 7.5.4 and am having the same problem. Some of the domains have FP support, others are grayed out and cannot modify. :mad:

*bump*

After a restore from backup some of my customers domains Frontpage installations are broken. Unfortunately normally I would have the switch it off, then I run a script which cleans the directories up, and then they re-enable it and it all works...

Now, I can't use that method because they can't switch off frontpage so I'm stuck

Wah!

Anyone have an answer to this? I am also having the same issue. In a side issue that may be related, I only discovered this while investigating why I couldn't get DreamWeaver to ftp to one of my new sites. It will connext using passive ftp mode but not with active. I have other sites on the same server and they nwork fine without having to use passive mode.

This appears to be related to the gallery application being installed because when I removed this application from a domain, I was able to change the settings for FrontPage again.
Strange...

SW-Soft's response...

This is described in the following Knowledge Base article:

http://faq.swsoft.com/article_44_935_en.html

It happens because FrontPage module checks and parses all .htaccess'es in the directory tree where it's installed, i.e. httpdocs of the domain in our case.

If it encounters any .htaccess file that it can't recognise (and it happens virtually to all non-FrontPage .htaccess'es) then it fails and can't installed.

Site Applications from Application Vault deploy lots of .htaccess files, so after an application is installed FrontPage installation/reinstallation will fail.

Therefore it was decided to deny any modifications to FrontPage if there are any site applications installed on the domain.

Back