• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk_saslauthd not running/working

shogunswb

Basic Pleskian
I had a similar problem when I updated to Plesk 12 from 11 in that I was unable to send email because it appeared that smtp was unable to find the authentication service.

During my attempts to troubleshoot the problem I turned off the POP service to check something & forgot to turn it back on. When I did turn it back on about 30 mins later all the emails started to go problem solved but I have no idea what the problem was or what rectified it (yes I have tried that again).

The other day whilst trying to solve a different problem & checking the Plesk updates I accidentally installed a Postfix mail server update & the problem returned.

Yum dystro-sync downgraded postfix to the previous version 2.6.6-6.el6_5 but still have the issue.

Looking at the mail logs before the problem plesk_saslauthd seemed to be handling the smtp authentication but now it would appear that postfix/smtpd is being used which is why I’m getting username/password error

If I reboot the server the maillot shows:

postfix/smtpd[26635]: warning: SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory

postfix/smtpd warning 82.123………. SASL LOGIN authentication failed: generic failure

The service saslauthd is not started but I can manually start it ok then I just get the warning message.

Any idea on how to get back to using plesk_saslauthd

Back