• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pleskbackup all -> command not found / unknown id

T

tnobs

Hej hej

Debian 4.0
Plesk Version 8.2.1
Plesk built: 82070918.10
Apache 2.2.3

I wanted to make a full backup (plesk, every domain, mysql, etc) in the directory:
/usr/local/psa/bin/

if I type:
# pleskbackup all 20071220_backup
-> command not found

# su pleskbackup all 20071220_backup
-> unkown id

Question:
the "command not found", why does this is coming up?
do I have the right folder?
what do I have to type to make a full backup on everything?

Thanks, for the tipp.

Under this link, I only found the "Backup Agent" for Plesk 8.1, is that the right one?
http://www.swsoft.com/en/download/plesk/utilities/

Where can I find a installation instruction ?
I downloaded the backup-agent-8.1.0.tar

In the CP for installing modules, you can only choose *.deb files. And I didn't find a modules folder!?

Thanks tnobs

I only wanna run a website with a really high bandwith and server space, and I want to backup the server.

I can't manage to do the backup, commands doesn't work, instruction manuals don't explain it for beginners.

Does somebody know a other interface software, instead of PLESK ?

You can try running the utility from this location -- it may already be there:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup (http://kb.swsoft.com/en/286)

Or you can simply install the utility with autoinstaller:
Just run '/usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller' (or '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller')
OR:
1 Download the autoinstaller for your operating system from http://www.swsoft.com/en/download/plesk8/ and save it on your server's hard drive.
2. Change your working directory to the directory where the Auto-installer utility resides, for instance: # cd /root/plesk
3. Set the execution permission for Auto-installer: # chmod +x plesk_auto_installer_file_name
4 Run the Auto-installer: # ./plesk_auto_installer_file_name
During installation, BU utility will be placed to the directory /plesk_installation_directory/bin (in order to work with the utilities, you should log in to the server shell as 'root').

During the configuration update, choose your current Plesk version and select 'Plesk Backup Manager' (you could also consider adding 'Plesk Updater' and 'Plesk migration manager' for future).

As soon as BU is installed, proceed with backing up your data:
ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-8.2-unix-backup-restore-guide/index.htm

With this utility you can back up individual user accounts with domains, individual domains (Web sites), schedule backups, restore your data from backup archives. If you grant your customers with the permission to use the backup utility, they can back up and restore their own account settings and Web sites through the control panel (there will be a shortcut to their backup repositories on their Home pages (Home > Backup)).

Backuping the entire server is only possible via the command line:
/plesk_installation_directory/bin/pleskbackup all <backup file name>
or:
/plesk_installation_directory/bin/pleskbackup all ftp://[<login>[:<password>]@]<server>/<filepath>
for help see:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --help

The created backup archive will include your control panel license key, mail server and DNS server settings, information on database servers, domain templates, virtual host skeletons, user accounts, domains, web sites with web content, SSL certificates, databases, mailboxes, site applications, and custom buttons.

If you feel comfortable working with the command line, you might be interested in rushing through the Backup and Restore Command Line Utilities User's Guide available as html or pdf:
ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-8.2-unix-backup-restore-guide/index.htm
ftp://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-8.2-unix-backup-restore-guide.pdf

Some worthwhile backup hints accessible via Plesk CP > Help > Search 'backup' are also believed to be worth your attention.

Back