• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue pleskbackup does not transfer the backup via sftp

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Product: Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.31 Update #1, last updated on Nov 14, 2020 05:24 PM

I am trying to use the pleskbackup command to do a server backup on my sftp server.
I am testing it from the terminal before putting it in cron.
The backup works; I see it in the Backup Manager and in /var/lib/psa/dumps folder i see the files, but nothing is transferred via sftp.
Even using the -v options there are no error reports and I don't even find a nice log in /opt/psa/PPM/sessions
I tried to test the sftp link and it works.

Code:
root@vls1:~# sftp [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Connected to [email protected]
sftp> exit

This is the latest version of the command I used. Obviously previously in Linux I created the environment variable FTP_PASSWORD.

Code:
plesk bin pleskbackup server --prefix='VLS1-Server-Full' -d='VLS1 Server Full from command' -s -v --ftp-passive-mode --output-file=sftp://<my-isp> --ftp-login=<username> --ftp-password=$FTP_PASSWORD

Where am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
You must have the SFTP backup extension installed and configured. Only in this case can you use SFTP to create remote backups.

You must have the SFTP backup extension installed and configured. Only in this case can you use SFTP to create remote backups.

Sure. Already installed, configured and successfully used in the past days for backups scheduled by the Backup Manager.

Back