• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PleskControlPanel w3wp.exe Process 100% CPU

N

notjake

On one of our VPS' recently we noticed that the w3wp.exe process owned by psaadm was rapidly chewing memory and then maxing out the cpu's to 100%. php5isapi.dll was reporting itself as being unhealthy, Clearing out the C:\SWSoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp folder of all the eaccelerator files and restarting pleskcontrolpanel somewhat fixed the issue.

Although the files quickly return and the cycle begins again.

I was told by swsoft to upgrade to 8.1.1 which I have done so, Although the issue still remains.

The controlpanel application pools are also crashing and expandxmllib.php is exceeding it's execution time.

The issue remains using either IIS or apache for plesk

And because we're also using HSPc we noticed a problem today where because the pleskcontrolpanel was down some of the plesk domains were removed from DNS rendering them useless. We got around this by starting the panel for a moment creating a fake domain and then deleting it, This updated HSPc/DNS and the sites came back online.

I can't leave the controlpanel on so i'm worried that regularly until we resolve this issue HSPc will continue to modify dns removing the zones.

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue ?

It seems that it has to do with msvcrt.dll!endthread once this process crashes it uses 28% of cpu a little while later it crashes a second time so two instances of it are using 28% each until enough crash to take the machines load to 100%

Also seems to have to do with php5ts.dll so it is a php problem.

Any information would be appreciated.

Jake.

Back