• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PleskDBException error, Huge error log file

fd_paz

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,
I have a problem with my Plesk cloud server. The server fails to start.
I receive error: "ERROR: PleskDBException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (Error code: 2002). Please check that database server is started and accessible. (Abstract.php:69)"

I find an error_log file of 24GB inside the directory of one of my sites ( /var/www/vhosts/domain.ltd/statistics/logs/_.domain.ltd ) and the disk is full 100%.
I'm not very good with ssh, could I remove the error_log file using Winscp, without damaging the system.

Thank you very much
far

I removed the log file (24gb) and I rebooted the server, but when I do # df -hl, I receive:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg-lv_root
77G 75G 0 100% /
tmpfs 2.9G 0 2.9G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 477M 131M 321M 29% /boot

Could someone help me solve this problem please?
Thanks

Hi fprm67,

pls. consider to check for "huge folders", by for example with:

du --max-depth=1 / | sort -n -r
( you are always able to change the location "/" to reduce the search to a specific folder. Consider to start with "/" and continue with the next search with the highest listed folder from your first search, for example )

Back