• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PleskFatalException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory (auth

maniot

New Pleskian
Hello,
After an attempt to upgrade plesk from 11.5 to 12.5 which failed with an error that there wasn't enough diskspace i ended up with the error: PleskFatalException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory (auth.php:149). I looked into /var/lib/mysql for the file mysql.sock which i can't find.
I tried to restore a back-up from a day earlier via virtuozzo but that doesn't work.
I also tried to restart mysqld, i have to do this several times to stop it.
i attached my Mysqld.log with the errors.
How would i go about to get it running again?
Thanks in advance for your answers

Attachments

• mysqld.log
    79 KB · Views: 1
Hello Igor,
Thanks for your fast response.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
I'm getting the error: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local Mysql.......
I noticed that Mysql.sock isn't created.
I tried to restart the service mysqld, that doesn't change anything. If i stop the service and ask the status it tells me that it is running, even after stopping the service several times, the status is still: running But everytime i ask the status with other pid's.
I've attached a printscreen of my ssh terminal.

regards,
Nicolas
printscreen 2016-05-13 09:54:46.png

The issue might be caused by hung tasks. Check if hung tasks, run

# ps -auf

and check mysql related tasks. Kill hung task (run kill <PID>) and restart psa service

# /etc/init.d/psa restart

Nope, doesn't work neither. killing tasks doesn't work (no such process)
printscreen 2016-05-13 10:22:35.png
I also noticed that there a lot of lines in the secure logs recently, could it be that the problems are caused by a hack? and if so what could i do about it?

Last edited:
Back