• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pleskrestore subdomain issue

J

jalder

Hello,

I am restoring a Plesk dump from Plesk 8.2 to a Plesk 8.6 box, it is a server level restore, the limits do not seem to be transferring correctly, this is causing the Plesk restore to fail on subdomains, as well as Mysql, and a few other things I have missed.

The errors logged thus far are:
<message code="NotAProperSubdomain" severity="error"><context>static std::string pl
esk::DnsRecordDeployer::getSubDomain(std::string, std::string)</context><file>./pmm_deploy.cpp</file><line>315
2</line><text> is not a proper subdomain of whateverdomain.com

Is there a particular reason the limits would fail to transfer and subsequently cause all of the data associated with those limits to fail?

Kind Regards,
John

Hi.

Quite hard to suggest anything at this point. Not even sure it is a limits issue. Can you post full log file here?

I would recommend contacting Parallels support team to get assistance with this or you can migrate data using Plesk migration manager instead of making backup/restore.

Back