• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plus Addressing with dovecot does not work

xurubo93

New Pleskian
I read about plus addressing and found it very helpful for some reason but cannot get it to work.

I did the following configuration:
  1. Postfix
    in the /etc/postfix/main.cf I added the following configuration parameter
    recipient_delimiter = +
  2. Managed a sieve script in webmail which contains the following:
    1: # Sieve Filter
    2: # Erzeugt von Ingo (http://www.horde.org/apps/ingo/) (03.02.2015, 02:53:39)
    3: require "fileinto";
    4: # Plustest
    5: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "To" "+plustest" {
    6: fileinto "INBOX.plustest";
    7: stop;
    8: }
  3. I created a folder in my INBOX with the name plustest
now I sent me an email from an outside freemail-account to see if it works. In the logfile /var/log/maillog I can see the following entry:

Feb 3 15:06:25 mail postfix-local[18290]: cannot chdir to mailname dir <name>+plustest: No such file or directory
Feb 3 15:06:25 mail postfix-local[18290]: Unknown user: <name>+plustest@<dom.tld>
Feb 3 15:06:25 mail postfix/pipe[17708]: 0ECAF4C1B3: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=0.61, delays=0.52/0/0/0.09, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service)

I changed my real name to <name> and my domainname to <dom.tld> in this post.

What did I do wrong?

Back