• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PMM 7.1 -> 8.0.1 problems

M

mousehouse

Hello Forum,

For some reason I'm unable to use PMM to migrate a 7.1 server to a new and fresh 8.0.1 machine.

Using plesk PMM is transferred to the 7.1 server and reports:
Error during dump retrieval

Error during dump file retrieving.
Remote agent failed with the following stderr messages: 10:35:05 INFO FileFinder: tar resolved to /usr/bin/tar
10:35:05 INFO New connection: mysql shell connection. db psa, user admin, host localhost
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT ip_address, type FROM IP_Addresses
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT c.login, p.ip_address FROM clients c LEFT JOIN Repository r ON c.pool_id = r.rep_id LEFT JOIN IP_Addresses p ON r.component_id = p.id
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT d.displayName, p.ip_address FROM domains d, IP_Addresses p, hosting h WHERE p.id = h.ip_address_id AND h.dom_id = d.id
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT d.displayName, p.ip_address FROM domains d, IP_Addresses p, forwarding f WHERE p.id = f.ip_address_id AND f.dom_id = d.id
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT displayName FROM domains WHERE htype = 'none'
ERROR 1267 (HY000) at line 1: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT d.displayName, c.login FROM clients c LEFT JOIN domains d ON d.cl_id = c.id
10:35:05 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
10:35:05 INFO FILE storage initialized.
10:35:05 INFO Base directory: /usr/local/psa/migration/supervisor.14236/
10:35:05 INFO Gzip bundles: yes
10:35:05 INFO Bundle split size: 2147483647
10:35:05 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
10:35:05 TRACE SQL: SELECT * FROM clients WHERE login = 'xyzcustomer'
ERROR 1267 (HY000) at line 1: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /usr/local/psa/migration/supervisor.14236/PleskX.pl line 597.
Using this forum I have looked at the "show variables" in MySQL but they look ok (all are latin1 except system which is UTF8).

Some other thread mentioned installing ART tools, which we cannot do as the 7.1 system is running BSD. The 8.0.1 server is running Debian.

Any clues?

HI..I have problems with this too

My name is Fabiano and I am Brazilian. My english is so-so;

I need help ...

I have a server with FreeBSD 4.11
and Plesk 7.1.7 (Server A (67.19.162.2)) and other server with FreeBSD 6.0 Plesk 8.0
(server B (this)).
I need to migrate my clientes and domains of server A to
Server B and I have problems with Plesk Migration Manager. See below.

Remote agent failed with the following stderr messages: 14:09:55 INFO
FileFinder: tar resolved to /usr/bin/tar
14:09:55 INFO New connection: mysql shell connection. db psa, user admin,
host localhost
ERROR 1267 (HY000) at line 1: Illegal mix of collations
(latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation
'='

This is the Problem.

How to resolve this?

Do you Know?

Wait reply

thanks

Fabiano

To say it very nicely, the Plesk PMM on FreeBSD looks a lot like untested software.

In the end the only way we were able to solve this was:

1) make a good backup (dump) of the 7.1 machine.

2) upgrade the 7.1 machine to 7.5.x (even though this broke a lot of things).

3) upgrade the 7.5.x machine to 8.0 (even though this broke even more things)

4) used to PMM tools to export on the machine, manually FTP the files to the 8.0 machine and reimport them there.

Good luck!

Better late then never:

On the old server, make a dump of the psa database, search & replace the word "latin1" (in the charset definitions) with "utf8". Do a restore with the new sql file and launch PMM on the new server again.

It worked ok for me.

Best regards,
Bart

Originally posted by bdc_be
Better late then never:

On the old server, make a dump of the psa database, search & replace the word "latin1" (in the charset definitions) with "utf8". Do a restore with the new sql file and launch PMM on the new server again.

It worked ok for me.

Best regards,
Bart

Thanks Bart!

You're the greatest :)

looks like all my databases have that same latin1/utf8 problem when dumping through PMM. any ideas on how to make them all compatible in one swoop?

Back