• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PMM & Plesk Backup manager cp1251 problems

R

Ray Lightning

In Plesk, starting from 8.6 and until 9.5.4 (I didn't tested 10.x yet) the next problem exists:
All user databases dumps contains symbols "?" instead of russian letters (it's not codepage problems in my browser - there is real "?" signs)

So, if I have backup of any domain, which database in cp1251 - this backup totally useless.

The same problem - if I trying to migrate to another server, after migration database on target server again consists of ? instead of russian letters.

But if I dumping this database - with mysqldump with default parameters - it's OK.

How can I solve this?

Plesk 9.5.4. Debian 5.0 (Lenny) 64bit

I presume the Migration wizard is exporting as latin1 or another Charset.

Could you not migrate all domains over (which will break the DB), then use mysqldump to export an sql file, gzip the file - sftp the file between servers and import the SQL file (fixing the DB issues)?

I presume the Migration wizard is exporting as latin1 or another Charset.

Could you not migrate all domains over (which will break the DB), then use mysqldump to export an sql file, gzip the file - sftp the file between servers and import the SQL file (fixing the DB issues)?

I know this, in my case it's uses latin1.
And I using mysqldump for last 2 years, waiting for solution from Parallels...

Any comments from Parallels? This bug, at least, a 2 years old...

All backups of non-utf8 databases are inconsistent....

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree this should be fixed in a future release - was just offering a way around it for now (which you already are aware of).

Maybe IgorG or another member of Parallels will comment on this matter?

Yes, it is known problem with cyrillic symbols and mysql and we have already submitted bugreport for Plesk 10.3.0 version. I hope it will be fixed soon in nearest Plesk update.

Yes, it is known problem with cyrillic symbols and mysql and we have already submitted bugreport for Plesk 10.3.0 version. I hope it will be fixed soon in nearest Plesk update.

Will this fix available for Plesk 9.x?

Back