• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Point domain to my website without adding to Plesk

martinr

New Pleskian
Hello Everyone,

I have a server using Plesk, and on this server I made a website, using wordpress.
The domain that I would like to use for this website is on cloudflare, I added an A record to point to my server, now I would like to make it work with my website without adding it into Plesk. I know I could just add the domain into plesk and add the website path in the settings, but I don't want to do that.

Is there a way to do it ? :)

Thank you very much !!

So your objective is manually setup a domain inside the vhosts structure manually? I'm not sure if this is really a Plesk question as you can do this via SSH just as you would without Plesk and I'm also not entirely sure about the long-term implications.

No I am thinking of something easier than that. What I have in mind it's that when I point my domain to my server (but don't add it in Plesk) I have a Plesk page showing up. So there must be a "default path" that is set up, so it can show up this file on my server.

I guess it would be possible to change this default path to my website. But just a guess, there is probably an other way.

Back