• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Point my domain to Weebly servers

abi

New Pleskian
I have built a website on Weebly.com and now I need to point my Odin domain to a specific Weebly IP in order to my website accessible. This is done by changing my domain's A-Records as shown here, but for some reason I can't get it to work. I do not need to transfer my domain, redirect my domain, or change my name servers.

When I created the 2 new DNS records I got these messages:

Warning: WWW prefix was changed. Be sure to modify the SSL certificate accordingly.

Warning: None of IP addresses specified in A DNS records match the IP address used for hosting.

And if it helps, this is how the DNS control panel looks at the moment:

cpanel_DNS.png

I would be grateful if anybody could give me any advice on what I need to do in order to get it to work properly. Thanks a lot for your time. :)

Hello Abi,

Don't worry about the warning messages you received - they merely indicate that the IP address you specified for the A records differs from the one used for hosting your website in Plesk (which is fine in your case, as your website is now on Weebly, and Plesk is used only as the DNS server for the domain). Note that DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate, so give it some time - the settings on the screenshot look fine to me.

Back