• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Pointing a domain to a different host not resolving to other host

pfriedl

New Pleskian
Hi all. OK, so I created an account and set up a domain pointing to my nameserver so that I can use it for email, but I want the domain to point to GoHighLevel servers for the actual web pages.

I've got the A record for the domain pointing to their IP address, and the CNAME record for www.my-domain.com pointing to their server as well and can confirm the DNS records are correct.

However, the domain is still resolving to the Plesk starter page for the account and not to the target host.

How can I set this up so that the web side of things is hosted elsewhere, or is there a cache setting that needs to be refreshed, or?

It usually takes a while before any DNS change are propagated. Depending on the TTL setting of your DNS records this can take anywhere from 1 minute to 1 week, but it is usually less than 24 hours. DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool is a use full tool to see if your DNS records have been propagated.

Back