1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll about database engine

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by IgorG, Sep 1, 2011.

?

What SQL engine should be left for Plesk system 'psa' database?

1. MSSQL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MySQL

100.0%
  3. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Guys, as you know currently we support only two psa database engines - MSSQL and MySQL for Plesk 10.x
    Support of JET database was dropped.
    I would like to ask you - whether it is necessary to support further different SQL engines, or it will be better to leave only one? If yes, what SQL engine and why?
    Feel free to leave your opinion in comments.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. almikhailov

almikhailov New Pleskian Plesk Team

80%
    I think that support of 2 database engines and possibility to switch engine itself are not needed. Moreover, it leads to various unpredictable errors. It affects upgrade and product maintenance. It makes product less stable and reliable.

MySQL because we can make admin's SQL Sever as our own compact product in this case, which can be isolated from any outer impacts like other SQL server installations, their upgrades etc.

3. skype-Acuity.satya

skype-Acuity.satya Guest

Hi product should support multiple database , customer who are using oracle and interest to use Plesk system, then what he will do ?[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011