• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Possible to import DNS zone file into Plesk?

electricd7

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am working to migrate hundreds of DNS records from our current DNS server into a new Plesk linux server. We have had some user-manual issues stemming from records going in with transposed numbers, incorrect spellings, etc. Is there a way I can import dns zones (in BIND currently) into my new plesk server? I am thinking this will eliminate these issues and speed the process up tremendously. Thanks

Sorry, I don't think so, at least not "directly". Plesk maintains DNS configuration in its DB and it export it to Bind zone files, not the other way around.

One could probably write a script to parse zone files from the original nameserver and inject them into the Plesk DB (after having discovered which tables are involved) and then regenerate the local zones using the "plesk repair dns" command, but I never tried that (and possibly many things can go wrong with the DB consistency). I'll leave the final word to someone more experienced with the structure of the Plesk DB...

Back