• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue post issues after wordpress site has been copied and removed original subscription from plesk onyx

Noturns

Regular Pleskian
centos 6.5
plesk onyx 17.0.17

Today i have successfully copied a predicated site to a sub domain of an existing subscription.
After redirecting to wordpress website i decided to remove the predicated original subscription from Plesk.

For some reason it also removes the original wordpress database.
I would have thought that Plesk wizard automatically copy and create a new wordpress database.

Options i have tried myself:
- Backup Manager > recover Database of removed (predicated) domain
which resulted in Error: Some objects cannot be restored because they belong to the following domains that are not found in Plesk

What is the best way to fix this removed database?
May i suggest to make additional options like would you like to original website to be moved instead of copied?

Last edited:
There seems to be a Plesk > wordpress database relation problem. Specifically after a subscription was removed after the copy process. The original database which was deleted would always contain the old database name. Which results in database not found.

I've got a backup of the database. I have uploaded this to an existing domain. I wish to be able to rename this database and connect it somehow to the correct wordpress application. Also for some reason i'm not able to rescan this wordpress application. In the current build i cannot rename the database because of user restrictions.

There seems to be a Plesk >... In the current build i cannot rename the database because of user restrictions.

What build are you on right now? Can you update to Plesk 17.5 (should be available as stable now) and test via Wordpress Toolkit again?
I use this system myself, but never removed the original subscription before. Would be interessting to know if this is really a bug.

Back