• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Postfix configuration - Relay to different places depending on sending domain

DRY411S

Basic Pleskian
I am hosting a PLESK server in Google Cloud, which will not let me send mail direct from the server. Instead, I must configure the PLESK server with an SMTP relay, and am using mailgun as the relay provider.

I am using the instructions that an be found at: Sending email with Mailgun | Compute Engine Documentation

What this does is send all the email from domains hosted on the PLESK server through a single Mailgun account. i.e. Many domains -> One Mailgun account

This works fine and wasn't an issue because the amount of email did not exceed Mailgun's free tier (10,000 mails per month).

However, Mailgun are now charging for every email, and I want therefore to ask each domain owner to open their own Mailgun account, pay Mailgun themselves, and change the PLESK Postfix server so that each domain's email is sent to a separate Mailgun account. i.e One domain -> One Mailgun account (many times)

Can anybody explain how I can set up postfix so that a different relay is used for each domain on the server please. To be more precise, the relay will be the same in each case, but the user/password will be different per domain.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of what the PLESK docs say about this. To achieve what I have already, with respect to MailGun, I could not use PLESK GUI, and had to manually edit postfix configuration files. I would expect to do the same for my question, but I just don't know how.

Lots on the internet about this but I don't understand some of the postfix 'directives' enough to make it work. Was hoping somebody in the PLESK community may have had success.

Last edited:
Back