• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Postfix delivery delays with exact 600 seconds.

Luiz_Gustavo

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have been experienced deliveries delay on my Plesk 12.5 with postfix, all with 600 seconds. I try to increase the process limit and delivery concurrency but do not solve problems.

default_destination_concurrency_limit = 50
default_destination_recipient_limit = 50

I do not know what this means plesk_virtual_destination_recipient_limit = 1 and I did not touch it. Maybe increase this will help to give me faster local deliveries?

Some deliveries with 600 seconds. Thats nonsense to me.

relay=plesk_virtual, delay=600, delays=0.17/0/0/600, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service)
relay=plesk_virtual, delay=600, delays=0.01/0/0/600, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service)
relay=plesk_virtual, delay=600, delays=0.22/0.01/0/600, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service)

Any tips?

Thanks,

Gustavo

Last edited:
It can be the greylisting which is enabled. With greylisting it can't take up a few hours until a mail is delivered. Have you tried to disable it and rebuild mailsettings with

# plesk repair mail

?

Hi Igor,

Greylist is disable, all e-mails with delivery problems is delivered with exact 600 seconds delay, as you can see in the delays: delays=0.17/0/0/600
Do you think it´s possible to be a Magic Spam issue?

Today happens again, I try to debug with no sucess.

About plesk_virtual_destination_recipient_limit = 1 Could be the problem? Can I increase to 50 or 100.
My mail server has 3.000 email accounts.

Thanks,

I sent some tests, the message is accept but not immediately delivered. The message is delivered to queue (queue active) and stays there until 600 seconds, then delivered.

Oct 26 11:15:14 server909 postfix/qmgr[31144]: 74773E83FA9: from=<[email protected]>, size=16316, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 26 11:15:25 server909 postfix/qmgr[31144]: 6C996E83F89: from=<[email protected]>, size=16237, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 26 11:15:33 server909 postfix/qmgr[31144]: 2204FE83331: from=<[email protected]>, size=16236, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 26 11:15:41 server909 postfix/qmgr[31144]: 62441E8384C: from=<[email protected]>, size=16236, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

I deactivate all services that can delay messages, Spamasssasin, MagicSpam, Antivirus, and also SPF.
Now the messages are delivered immediately.

Any ideas? :(

It happens again. Do you Know what plesk process can delay ou requeue messages after 600 seconds? I check the postconf and there are no option with 600 seconds.

The greylist is disable in panel, but are there any way to check if for some reason is enable in the system?

Any ideas will be very appreciated.

It can be the greylisting which is enabled. With greylisting it can't take up a few hours until a mail is delivered. Have you tried to disable it and rebuild mailsettings with

# plesk repair mail

?

How can I check if greylist is enable? At the panel, it shows disabled.
Are there a command line to check it?

Thanks UFHH01, this help me to check is greylist is on or not, but is really off.

Grey listing configuration.

Grey listing checking disabled
Grey interval 5 minutes
Expire interval 51840 minutes
Penalty interval 2 minutes
Penalty disabled
Personal grey listing
configuration prohibited

I disabled the Magic Spam and Spamassassin, after this change no more delays. Then I will try to find what happens, and WHY exact 600 seconds of delay, I do not find in any configuration where a message "freezes" for 600 seconds then delivered, also greylist has a 5 minutes delay.

Really a strange thing. I will start only Spamassassin and wait some days, if the delay no occurs, then I will focus in Magic Spam.

Hi Igor

# plesk repair mail

?

I isolate the problem, but dont know the solution.
I deactivate all e-mail functions like magicspam, spf, rbl etc and re-activate one by one.

The delay starts when the SPAMASSASSIN is started, most messages is delayed by exact 600 seconds after spam assassin started. That´s nonsense to me.
Could you suggest something?

Thanks,

Back