• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Postfix: duplicated email received

Matteo Cherubin

New Pleskian
Hello, I've a installation of plesk v17.8.11 in CentOS server. I've a problem with the email of a domain, the mailboxes recieve dozens of duplicated emails. I don't find documentation of this problems.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

First of all, try to fix email settings with

# plesk repair mail

Hello, I've a installation of plesk v17.8.11 in CentOS server. I've a problem with the email of a domain, the mailboxes recieve dozens of duplicated emails. I don't find documentation of this problems.

Compare the headers of 2 duplicate mails and check for:
- Same message-id for both mails?
- Postfix queue-id of the mails?
- "Received:" headers

Then search for the Postfix queue-id of both mails in your mail log files. If unsure, post headers + logs here (anonymized). As @IgorG said it's most likely a mail that was sent to multiple recipients with forwarding or copyto another recipient.

For example:
- Mail was sent to [email protected] and [email protected]
- [email protected] has a forward to [email protected]
- [email protected] will now have 2 copies of the mail in his inbox

Compare the headers of 2 duplicate mails and check for:
- Same message-id for both mails?
- Postfix queue-id of the mails?
- "Received:" headers

Then search for the Postfix queue-id of both mails in your mail log files. If unsure, post headers + logs here (anonymized).

And what about this?

And what do you see if you grep for the postfix queue-id in your maillogs?

If you see the same postfix id, then these emails got duplicated by either a server-side rule (created in roundcube/horde) or a desktop mail client using client-side rules.

You're client is using IMAP?
If yes, you may also wanna inspect the raw mail files under /var/qmail/mailnames/ on your server and check/compare the content of these mails/files as well as timestamp of them.

Back