• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

postfix errors

cheery-bye

New Pleskian
I'm trying to migrate a few of my personal projects to a new Plesk 12 server I setup with Centos 7. However, even OOB, I'm running into issues with Postfix.

I'm trying to work through them one by one though the maillog.

Code:
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not owner+group+world executable: /usr/sbin/postdrop
It looked similar to other problems, but I fixed this problem with
Code:
postfix set-permissions

However, I still have an issue with
Code:
[root@server postfix]# postfix start
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/sbin/sendmail differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
postfix/postfix-script: fatal: mail system startup failed

This looks similar to the issue posted on this thread. But it doesn't seem to work for me.
Code:
originally
[root@server postfix]# ls -al /usr/sbin/sendmail && ls -al /usr/lib/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Aug 31 20:15 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta

after I ran "yum install sendmail"
[root@server postfix]# ls -al /usr/sbin/sendmail && ls -al /usr/lib/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Aug 31 20:15 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Aug 31 20:15 /usr/lib/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta-sendmail

tried solution in previous thread.
[root@li1082-121 postfix]# ln -s /etc/alternatives/mta /usr/lib/sendmail
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/usr/lib/sendmail’: File exists

I think I might have caused an additional conflict when I ran "yum install sendmail" that resulted in the second entry pointing /usr/lib/sendmail/ to /etc/alternatives/mta-sendmail but I'm not sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You mustn't run "yum install sendmail"
Looks like now your MTA configuration is completely broken.
Now you can run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and select Qmail as MTA and install it. After that run autoinstaller again and select Postfix as MTA and install it. I hope that manually installed sendmail and other related packages will not lead to unresolved dependences, etc. In this case contact Odin Support Team for fixing your broken Plesk.

I know this is old but I also just had this issue, it seems to come up from time to time. Found the fix, really quite simple:

postfix set-permissions

Back