• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Postfix Mail Errors

Richard Ward

New Pleskian
I'm having some strange issues with Postfix after moving my sites over to production from our old cPanel server.

I have two domains set up. The first domain has a real email account, me@domain1. The second domain has some email forwarders/aliases emails@domain2 -> me@domain1. When I send out email to the forwarding address, it never arrives:

Jan 9 15:56:27 server1 postfix/qmgr[2881]: warning: connect to transport private/plesk-domain2.com-: No such file or directory

Jan 9 15:56:27 server1 postfix/error[31842]: B7B356206A: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.02, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

I tried sending from Gmail to my email forward, and received the above in /var/log/maillog. Now, when I send to the real email account on the first domain, it arrives without issue. This only seems to be related to forwarding, or maybe just my second domain?

I'm wondering if it's connected to another issue, of seeing "localhost.localdomain" in my logs sometimes. I wish I could explain the problem better.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
I'd also like to note that those messages which never arrive, get stuck in mail queue and I can view them within Plesk.

I'm using valid SPF, DMARC, DKIM, etc... all the goodies.

Back