• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Postfix: master_wakeup_timer - connection refused

raykai

Basic Pleskian
I have a new installation of Plesk version: 12.5.30 Update #52 on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬ on a vps from OVH

my Mail.log is stuffed with errors:
postfix/master[1662]: message repeated 4 times: [ warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused]
postfix/master[1662]: warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service qmgr(public/qmgr): Connection refused
postfix/master[1662]: warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused

i see back in 2014 there was a post about this :https://talk.plesk.com/threads/postfix-master_wakeup_timer-connection-refused.320626/

Hi there,

I have a brand new installation of Plesk 12.0.8 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS of my current provider (Strato / Germany) running.
Mail.log is stuffed with
message repeated 4 times: [ warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused]
warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service qmgr(public/qmgr): Connection refused
warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service pickup(public/pickup): Connection refused

Since I don't know this behavior from Ubuntu 12.04 / Plesk 11.5 and before I dig deeper, I would like to know if that is a current known permission problem.

Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

there was a bug report about it : PPP-10876

We have already submitted bugreport regarding this warning (PPP-10876 for your reference).
As possible workaround you may try to comment out 'pickup unix' and 'qmgr unix' services in /etc/postfix/master.cf

seams like this bug has not been fixed.

Does mentioned workaround solve this issue? Have you tried to run

# plesk repair mail

?

i did try plesk repair mail but it did not solved the bug. :(

i still need to try the workaround just wandering if i do this will it do other bugs when doing updates for plesk in the long run ?

Hi raykai,

pls. have a look at the following posts, which might explain a bit better for you, what the root cause of your issue is:

=> #4 / #2 / #4

just wandering if i do this will it do other bugs when doing updates for plesk in the long run ?
No, because you are correcting a misconfiguration from the vendor "postfix" package, which will never be adjusted, because of backwards compatibilities, using the "unix interface usage", instead of the newer/modern/actual "fifo".

Back