• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix not working, Qmail has hickups

VojkanC

Basic Pleskian
Postfix not working, Qmail has hickups

In short:
--------------------
A few hours after deleting some tmp files larger than 1GB and some dump files email based on Postfix stoped working. In command line Linux states that Postfix is running and in Plesk panel/Tools & Settings/Services Management/SMTP Server (Postfix) says Postfix service is stopped and it cannot be started.
Emails didn't work so I tried to switch to Qmail which works but some emails don't get delivered (Message expired for domain...).

I even tried to go back to Postfix but it doesn't work at all.

In more details:
--------------------
VPS description:
- CentOS 6.6 64bit
- Plesk 12.0.18 Update #58

I have problems with sending and receiving emails with both Postfix and Qmail Mail transfer agents.
Everything worked smooth for a 4 months with Postfix, then large dumps and backups occupied 100% of my 100GB drive and my server stoped working (web, database and email).

I've deleted, among other data, some tmp files larger than 1GB and some backups and after that server (web, database and email) worked OK for a few hours.

Soon email stopped working (web and db are working).

I've tried switching between Postfix and Qmail a few times, but Postfix just doesn't work.
In command line Linux states that Postfix is running and in Plesk panel/Tools & Settings/Services Management/SMTP Server (Postfix) says: "Service is not running" and when I click on "Start the service" I get the message: "Please allow for some time for the service to start", but it doesn't start.

With Qmail emails seem to work but I often can't access email via POP for 10min and sometimes emails don't get delivered (Message expired for domain...).

---

Can you please help me with this problem?

Last edited:
I have tried http://kb.odin.com/en/122035 (at a time of executing Postfix was set to be email server and I even tried renaming transport.db to transport-old.db ), but it doesn't solve the problem.
Postfix service in Plesk still isn't started and my emails don't get in or out.

Back