• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix problem when different MX used

BorayE

New Pleskian
I have 2 domains (let's say a.com and s.com) on the same dedicated server. a.com still uses the email service of the server. s.com uses google apps email services and it works normally when somebody emailed from out of the server. But when I emailed from [email protected] to [email protected] it gives an error like

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table. Please check the message recipient [email protected] and try again.

[email protected] exists in gmail but it doesn't on my server. As you know when I email from [email protected] email client connects to Postfix by smtp. Postfix checks that s.com is on the same server and tries to send the email locally. When it sees that [email protected] does not exist it gives that error.

Can't you configure plesk that when a domain uses different MX deletes it from Postfix list?

Back