• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix, saslauthd

zeroborg

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

i have a centos 6.4, 64bit, with Plesk 12.0.18 and postfix installed. I need to have SSL on smtp and postfix, so i need to use DIGEST-MD5 etc...
The problem is that at the logs i have always a failed entry:
Jun 30 06:23:50 www postfix/smtpd[6196]: warning: SASL authentication failure: realm changed: authentication aborted
Jun 30 06:23:50 www postfix/smtpd[6196]: warning: xx.gr[XX.XX.XX.XX]: SASL DIGEST-MD5 authentication failed: authentication failure
Jun 30 06:23:50 www postfix/smtpd[6196]: B461D6043267: client=xx.gr[XX.XX.XX.XX], sasl_method=LOGIN, [email protected]

I tried to find the problem, and checked the saslauthd:
[root@www plesk]# testsaslauthd -u '[email protected]' -p 'CORRECTPassword' -f /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd -s smtp
0: NO "authentication failed"
[root@www plesk]#

At the log file i found this:
Jun 30 22:46:41 www plesk_saslauthd[15066]: No such user '[email protected]@' in mail authorization database
Jun 30 22:46:41 www plesk_saslauthd[15066]: failed mail authenticatication attempt for user '[email protected]@' (password len=9)

At webmail i can login with the same credentials. BUT, is there any chance that "AT" symbol (@) at the end of the user be the problem?
Thank you for any help.

Zero.

Yes, tried all the possible combinations (with PLAIN LOGIN first, without DIGEST-MD5)... Nothing worked. Still testsaslauthd returns authentication failed.
That "at" symbol (@) should exist at the logs? maybe this is the error??

Thank you.

Yes, '[email protected]@' is strange record. I suppose that this extra @ symbol comes from some incorrect record in database or something else.

So, where can i find which file/proccess adds this extra @ symbol? I suppose that if saslauthd gets the correct username (without the second @) will resolve the issue. Any ideas? Maybe plesk_saslauthd? The database is OK (just checked it).
Thank you!

Zero.

Try to delete this email and create again at least.

Same problem here!! Once again, like in another thread on this forum, I've got the very same problem as zeroborg: There is a AT symbol (@) at the end of the user...
Please help!

Got same issue:
----------------------------------------------
No such user '[email protected]@' in mail authorization database
Apr 14 06:21:14 xxx plesk_saslauthd[7500]: failed mail authenticatication attempt for user '[email protected]@' (password len=15)
Any progress on this topic? Is it spam? Which db-table is involved?

PS: Plesk 12 latest update

PPS: And the global error-message which could mean everything, still not resolved after 3 days painful investigations ;-):
/usr/share/courier-imap/pop3d.pem: error:0906D06C:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:no start line (happens even with the "Plesk-Default-Cert")

Last edited:
What is the psa-db-table-name we are talking here?
There are many places where this record may located. You can create dump of psa database and use simple text search inside dump for determining exact table and record.

SOLVED:

It's simply a question of spellings.
In Plesk and in our mail clients mail user is written as [email protected].

But testsaslauthd needs...

$ testsaslauthd -u <username without domain.tld> -r domain.tld -p 12345 -s smtp -f /var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd

The related KB-Entry does not mention this (could have been optimized):

http://kb.odin.com/en/122544

Oh my god. It costs me 3 working days including several updates for testings. Thanks god, I have no boss.

PS: Irony of the story: It was working all the time, except via testsaslauthd! :confused:

Last edited:
Back