• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

postfix / sqlite error: no such column: cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5

A

albanc

Hi all,

All the users of my server suddently have ceased being able to send or receive email on my PLESK 9.0 server (with postfix) today at 6:00 AM. I have tried restarting the server, upgrading to plesk 9.2, but the problem doesn't get solved.

One weird thing is my users do receive their message once right after I restart the postfix service, then their mailbox says 'no new messages' forever until I restart posfix.

For all users I don't get any error messages, except for one specific user of a domain where the following error appears in the message log :

sql_sqlite3 plugin prepare SQL statement for query 'SELECT `cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5` FROM domains d, users u WHERE u.name='abhauguel' and d.name='bandeapart.fr' and d.status=0 and u.status=0 and u.dom_id=d.id;' error: no such column: cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5

Does anyone have a clue of what could be occuring and how I could investigate this ?

Regards,

I've plesk 9.2 and I find the same message, but my users can send without problem. I don't find table users in plesk databases.

I switched back to qmail to solve the problem. Parallels provides a nice script for that :

How to define what MTA is used in Parallels Plesk Panel and how to switch from Qmail to Postfix and vice versa?
http://kb.odin.com/en/5801

Would email messages be lost when switch from Qmail to Postfix and vice versa?
http://kb.odin.com/en/5819

According information from developers seems this bug caused by platform dependency and I suppose that you have Plesk installed to Fedora 11 x86_64?
So, this is known issue and it will be fixed in the one of nearest Plesk update.

Actually my server is running CentOS 5.2 x86_64 in a virtuozzo container, so this is pretty close to the setup you suggest, yes.

According information from developers seems this bug caused by platform dependency and I suppose that you have Plesk installed to Fedora 11 x86_64?
So, this is known issue and it will be fixed in the one of nearest Plesk update.

same for opensuse

and also still on centos5 with plesk 9.2.3

is there a fix / patch workaround?

Brujo

We have already submitted bug regarding this problem. Bug under developer's investigation now. I have requested any workaround there and I will update this thread with any useful information when I receive it.

Hi Igror, i appreciate your investigation, however this is also a long time issue and i wonder why this issue should be caused by platform dependency. For me it seems thats caused by heavily modification from Plesk of standardized settings like the smtpd.conf and even the modifications seems to be done different. thats makes indeed maintaining systems more hard. From my understanding here is used the plesk specified saslauthd which is done different at least between suse & centos and the sqlite3 plugin which cause the issue.

some datails on Centos the smtpd.conf looks like
pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
auxprop_plugin: sql_sqlite3
saslauthd_path: /private/plesk_saslauthd
#mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN
mech_list: CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN
#mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
auto_transition: yes
sql_engine: sqlite3
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_database: /plesk/passwd.db
sql_select: SELECT `%p` FROM domains d, users u WHERE u.name='%u' and d.name='%r' and d.status=0 and u.status=0 and u.dom_id=d.id
sql_verbose: yes
log_level: 9

however the plesk_saslauthd is on two other path as defined!
/usr/libexec/postfix/plesk_saslauthd
/var/spool/postfix/private/plesk_saslauthd

and the same is for the path of passwd.db
to be honest just to wait of one of the next nearest version is not inough - here is a workaround needed!

Brujo

I have the same problem, even after the 9.3.0 update on a centos 5.4 x86_64.

The only fix is to set the mech_list: to LOGIN as passwd.db does not have the cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5 and cmusaslsecretDIGEST-MD5 columns; but the cmusaslsecretPLAIN column exists with empty rows.

Can we manually trick postfix / plesk to create these columns with appropriate md5 values ?

Bug still under developer's investigation. I have updated it with your additional information and question. I will update thread with results.

I have the same problem too. Centos 5.0 and plesk 9.2.3. Any fix?

Lunarpages fsupport fixed this for me. There was a problem was named was not accepting _ on domains name.

Bump!

I have the same problem in plesk 9.5.1, and in some cases user have problems with sending mails.

/var/log/messages:

Apr 16 13:37:50 sv02 postfix/smtpd[7498]: sql_sqlite3 plugin prepare SQL statement for query 'SELECT `cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5` FROM domains d, users u WHERE u.name='username' and d.name='example.com' and d.status=0 and u.status=0 and u.dom_id=d.id;' error: no such column: cmusaslsecretCRAM-MD5

Back