• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix still sending hundreds 'queue file write error'

Fact is one thing, whereever and whenever you use Postfix OUTSIDE of Plesk, like setting up standalone Mailserver's and Relay's (and i do that a dozen of time's a month in my company) those problem's never appeared to me .... I really dunno how dev's even broke Postfix at all, this is normally not possible, really... No harm here, if they fix it in Plesk 9.5 we are all lucky, but all the dicussions here in the forum's are really driving me nuts, it has nothing to do with Postfix itself, Postfix itself is so damn rock solid and undestroyable like no other MTA. Switching back to QMail is no option at all, QMail has not half the features and stability of Postfix. I guess we all were damn happy as Parallels decided to include Postfix with Plesk, but as i said, no idea how the dev guy's broke this, it's nearly impossible to do that.....

Fact is one thing, whereever and whenever you use Postfix OUTSIDE of Plesk, like setting up standalone Mailserver's and Relay's (and i do that a dozen of time's a month in my company) those problem's never appeared to me .... I really dunno how dev's even broke Postfix at all, this is normally not possible, really... No harm here, if they fix it in Plesk 9.5 we are all lucky, but all the dicussions here in the forum's are really driving me nuts, it has nothing to do with Postfix itself, Postfix itself is so damn rock solid and undestroyable like no other MTA. Switching back to QMail is no option at all, QMail has not half the features and stability of Postfix. I guess we all were damn happy as Parallels decided to include Postfix with Plesk, but as i said, no idea how the dev guy's broke this, it's nearly impossible to do that.....

Hey Markus,

the problems are not with the postfix software itself, that part is running just fine. It's located in the postfix-queue proxy filter that Parallels added to the queue system, which they use for spamfiltering. If you don't want/need that, you can remove the postfix-queue filters from the postfix master.cf config file and everything will run smoothly again.

unofficial patch greatly appreciated

hi,

An unofficial patch before release would be greatly appreciated by those who are loosing customers everyday and answering angry phone calls. In addition, it would help to test that the fix is really working ; because last 2 patches released over last months have no effect and this issues was supposed to be fixed in 9.2. Each time your 'fix' was just timeouts value increase, which made the problem even worse.

Regards

hi,

An unofficial patch before release would be greatly appreciated by those who are loosing customers everyday and answering angry phone calls. In addition, it would help to test that the fix is really working ; because last 2 patches released over last months have no effect and this issues was supposed to be fixed in 9.2. Each time your 'fix' was just timeouts value increase, which made the problem even worse.

Regards

Hello, i found this one here: http://kb.odin.com/en/8391

Why don't you tell us about this HOTFIX? @IgorG

EDIT: sorry @IgorG, i didn't get a message from the forum that you posted the hotfix some days before my todays post.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hotfix is not fixing the earlier reported bug (make-postfix-plesk-issue.pl)

That hotfix is not fixing the earlier reported bug (make-postfix-plesk-issue.pl)

please check again this site: http://kb.odin.com/en/8391

i think i can read and the hotfix solves this problem 'Postfix mail errors, lots of bounces with "451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error"' and this thread was opened becouse of this problem, or wasn't it?!

EDIT: sorry, i didn't get a message from the forum that some days before my todays post, the new hotfix was released and still doesn't resolve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
EnricoS,check my prev updates and see if you still get that timeout with the .pl script after appling the hotfix

EnricoS,check my prev updates and see if you still get that timeout with the .pl script after appling the hotfix

I never get an error and every testmail was delivered, but after the message "250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as B1B6022XXXXX" your testscript hangs and musst be ended via CTRL+X (normal?)

best regards

Igor, any word from devs on a hotfix ?

Word on the street is that Plesk 9.5.1 is released. Igor said earlier in this thread that this version fixes the problems.

Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you upgrading to latest version.

jacko

Igor,
Please have devels issue a hotfix for 9.3.0 ( backporting 9.5.1 fix ) or confirm we can use the postfix-queue binary
from 9.5.1

Igor,
Please have devels issue a hotfix for 9.3.0 ( backporting 9.5.1 fix ) or confirm we can use the postfix-queue binary
from 9.5.1

Developers have confirmed that you can use postfix-queue from 9.5.1 on 9.3.0 Plesk version.

Can someone tell me how to install this patch? Managing Linux is no problem, but Plesk is a world for it's own.

My Configuration:
Strato Root Server
opensuse 11.0
Plesk 9.3.0

It's really urgent for me to install this patch. Switching to qmail causes that send mails are marked as spam in recieving mailboxes.

Thanks for help.

Back