• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question postfix vs qmail?

safemoon

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Which service is better and more secure? postfix or qmail?

I've been trying for the last week to setup the smtp mail settings with postfix without luck...for some reason smtp (465 port) is not working because of the ssl certificate (even tho everything is secured with lets encrypt, open ssl is the latest version running on ubuntu 20)

I installed qmail and it just worked... but im not sure if it will cause any other issues?

what is your opinion about qmail? should i keep it or try to fix the postfix service?

any tips on how to make the smtp work on ssl 465? It drives me crazy
- Have you set the SSL certificate for the host name and mail service in the general server SSL (Tools & Settings) dialog?
- Are you using the server's host name to access the SMTP service?
or
- Have you checked the SNI option when generating the SSL certificate for your domain and have you selected that SSL certificate on the mail settings page of the corresponding domain so that you can use your own domain name as SMTP server name?
- Are you using your own domain name as the SMTP host name in your mail client?

Back