• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power User Interface and migrated subscriptions with resource usage limits

websavers

Regular Pleskian
Hey there,

We set up a new Plesk server with a Web Apps Edition license as the client doesn't need any of the advanced features of the more expensive licenses, nor the additional domains.

We then migrated subscriptions from another server that has a web host edition license and all went perfectly well.

The trouble is that one of the subscriptions is exceeding the traffic limit and admins are all getting notifications of this. Normally I'd just go in and up the traffic limit, but I can't seem to find any such option in the Power User interface because, presumably, that's part of the more advanced features that are stripped out of the interface.

Could someone there supply me with the CLI API command to set the traffic limit higher or to unlimited?

It might be a good idea to either:

a) During a migration set all subscription limits to unlimited when the destination server is limited to only the power user interface, or

b) Provide a power user interface specific option to allow changing of limits

-Jordan

Thanks Igor!

I would imagine I should run this instead, given that I can't actually manage the subscription parameters (nor the service plan) using power user view.

plesk bin subscription --no-subscription example.com

In fact, that's probably what the Plesk migrator should be doing when migrating to a server with no ability to manage subscriptions/service plans. I'll know by tomorrow if that definitely does the trick :)

Igor,

I removed the subscription from the plan AND used the -traffic-bandwidth option to set it to unlimited.

Now I'm getting disk space notifications:

Disk space: 10 GB limit / 9258.8 MB (90%) used / 981.2 MB (10%) remaining

The problem is that the only disk space related option I could find in the documentation you linked me to is for quota, which isn't the same as the plan's limit. And of course with power user view I can't change it from the UI.

How do I set the disk space higher or to unlimited?

Igor, now I'm getting this:

The 'domain' subscription, owned by user 'client', is approaching or already exceeded the resource usage limits:

Disk space: 25 GB limit / 9225.5 MB (36%) used / 16374.5 MB (64%) remaining

Clearly it's nowhere near the limit. Perhaps I also need to adjust the notification threshold? How do I do *that* by command line?

Back