• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved [PPP-18292] How to set an option for spamassassin in plesk

proton23

Basic Pleskian
Hi!

I've been searching a lot now and just can't find an answer.

If I try to start greylisting for spamassassin I get this:
Code:
spammng failed: server socket setup failed, retry 1: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [::1]:783: Cannot assign requested address
server socket setup failed, retry 2: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 3: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 4: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 5: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 6: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 7: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 8: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 9: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
invoke-rc.d: initscript spamassassin, action "restart" failed.
ERROR:spammng:Unable to restart SpamAssassin service

The solution seems to be adding one of the option -4, --ipv4, or --ipv4-only
but if I add this option to /etc/default/spamassassin and try to start greylisting again the file will be overwriten and I get the same message again.

So how do I configure spamassassin in plesk to make this change stick?

Best regards
Proton

Adding '-4' to OPTIONS doesn't preserved by spammng (i.e enable/disable GL or SA settings). You should add to the end of /etc/default/spamassassin following string:

OPTIONS="$OPTIONS -4"

Back