• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-20154] Remove temporary urls from google index

Corresponding bugreport PPP-20154 has been submitted according to your request. We will fix it in the one of next Plesk updates.

Hi IgorG,
Does Plesk have any bug tracker ?
So you say that´s a bug , the above htaccess code should work correct ?

Thanks

Guys - it doesn't look like this is fixed or implemented yet?
The URL which Ivor provides doesn't mention any bugfix for this.

Just noticed that some of my sites are being indexed twice and accordingly being hammered by Google for duplicate content so this is a relatively urgent fix.

There are tags in response header for site preview:
X-Robots-Tag: noindex,nofollow

FYI. the fix is not fixed on Onyx (linux).... and it makes no sense to add a noindex tag on a live site.
the preview site just SHOULD NOT be showing up in SERPs :(

I disagree that this is an SEO issue of Plesk.

The preview URL can only be detected by Google if a link points to it or if it is being submitted to Google, e.g. by a sitemap.xml file or by a URL submission request. In all other cases, preview URLs cannot be found by Google and will not be indexed. So if you see a preview URL in Google, you either have provided a sitemap.xml file through Google Webmaster tools or set a link to the preview URL from another, publicly accessible website that is known to Google.

so i figured out the "reason", but not the cause.

the preview links that showed up in the SERPs were 3 links to the sites from my website, where I host plesk. HOWEVER...
obviously I did not, no way, no how... "add or create" those links.
somehow, when I migrated to plesk onyx .... "something changed those links or converted those links to the preview links"????!?!?!?!?!

I have no idea how it happened or how why spread it is (but I had to fix another site, whose links got changed)

I never used preview on these sites, but THOSE preview links 'are' used. So what did that?

again, the plain site link "GOT" changed during the upgrade/move/migrations, etc. etc. that is another bug?

No way. That would require Plesk to parse individual files and do a search-and-replace on them, and in your case it means that it was done selectively, because not all links were "converted". That does not make sense. Migration packs files using tar and unpacks them on the target system. The same is true for database dumps. It is much more likely that the website management software you use has updated the links when you have logged in on a session in the test URL environment.

yeah... its very weird, odd.

i can't explain or figure out how "few/limited" links got changed to the preview link.

one theory, maybe technically I did use the preview on the old server and just forgot that I did?
and when upgrading... the old link was left in place? i could see that happen...

however in another case, that situation would not have happened (ie. the one where google crawled, saw the link)...
as that site would NOT have used a preview... but it ended up on the site? that situation has me stumped!!!

but overall, i do not see plesk as allowing google to see preview sites (as i believe the only sites were ones linked from a page)

thanks

Back