• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue plesk.list missing from /etc/apt/sources.list.d after moving plesk.list.ai_back to different folder

Team-Support

New Pleskian
Hello there.

For the last few days we received the following e-mail:

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Sat Jan 22 04:00:01 CET 2022 CRON-APT SLEEP: 3468, Sat Jan 22 04:57:49 CET 2022 CRON-APT ACTION: 0-update CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get -q -o Dir::Etc::SourceList=/etc/apt/sources.list update -o quiet=2

W: The repository 'http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/PSA_18.0.34_5531 stretch Release' does not have a Release file.

E: Failed to fetch http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/PSA_18.0.34_5531/dists/stretch/extras/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 195.181.172.2 80]

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
After some searching on Google I found out that the "error" simply means that this package is so old it no longer has a download link. What puzzled me was the fact that our Plesk version was already at 18.0.38 Update #3. So the thing shouldn't even search for the 18.0.34. After digging some more I found the plesk.list.ai_back which was the only place that still had a reference to this 18.0.34 version. However, the file normally shouldn't be taken into consideration by apt. Since this is only a temporary file created by plesk I thought I may as well just move it to another directory and see if the error still happens the next day. So I simply moved the plesk.list.ai_back file from "/etc/apt/sources.list.d" to "/tmp/". So far so good.

Later that day I realized that the normal plesk.list file was now missing. I am not sure what exactly happend there. Of course I was stupid and didn't make a backup or snapshot because I only moved a single file. For reference, this is what is written in the plesk.lis.ai_back file:

## Persistent repositories for Plesk Products.
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/pool/PSA_18.0.34_5531/ stretch extras
deb Index of /debian/PHP70_17 stretch all
deb Index of /pool/PHP_7.1.33_96 stretch all
deb Index of /pool/PHP_7.2.34_150 stretch all
deb Index of /PHP73_17 stretch all
deb Index of /PHP74_17 stretch all
deb Index of /PHP80_17 stretch all
I know that the PSA file in the normal plesk.list was a 18.0.38 but I am not sure about the various PHP versions listed here.

Is there a way to create a new plesk.list file? Or can I somehow recover it?

Hello,

Please ensure that psa and plesk-release packages has 18.0.38 release, and correctly installed and configured, it looks like incomplete update was performed.
{code}
# dpkg -l psa plesk-release
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-======================================-========================-========================-==================================================================================
ii plesk-release 18.0.42.0-v.debian.9+p18 amd64 Plesk Obsidian v18.0 release marker package
ii psa 18.0.42-v.debian.9+p18.0 amd64 Plesk release key package
{code}

Yep, both are 18.0.38, but the plesk-release is in 3-v and the psa is only in the -v version.

Code:
# dpkg -l psa plesk-release
Gewünscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=Vollständig Löschen/Halten
| Status=Nicht/Installiert/Config/U=Entpackt/halb konFiguriert/
         Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhängig
|/ Fehler?=(kein)/R=Neuinstallation notwendig (Status, Fehler: GROSS=schlecht)
||/ Name                              Version               Architektur           Beschreibung
+++-=================================-=====================-=====================-=======================================================================
ii  plesk-release                     18.0.38.3-v.debian.9+ amd64                 Plesk Obsidian v18.0 release marker package
ii  psa                               18.0.38-v.debian.9+p1 amd64                 Plesk release key package

Back